Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Give Mindslave Implants a Time Period Before Injection (Like Syringes)
Mindslave implants in their current state lack any form of real solo counterplay. They require an observant third party in order to potentially deal with both the antagonist and the mindslave and their ability to subdue them. Most other offensive traitor items of a similar price require some form of planning and execution, such as the rad crossbow and fiber wire, usually offer some form of counterplay in one way or another.

The immediate strength than an antagonist can gain for merely 3 TC is absurd, both in numbers and in utility. Having greater numbers at the click of a mouse is an obvious benefit, but what about other utilities? A security officer, usually regarded as trustworthy and at least somewhat capable of defending themselves, can instantly be converted without any effort beyond a click on the behalf of the antagonist. They usually provide the antagonist with good equipment and relative trustworthiness from merely having being at the antagonist's side, especially if disguised. One security officer is not enough? How about two for only 6 TC? Want AA and to make many other traitor items irrelevant, such as the wiretap headset? Just find Captain or HoS! Is your mindslave about to run out? Just tell the mindslave to kill themselves! They can't do anything about it! Through merely 3 TC, you have gained a great amount of equipment and a temporary ally, far eclipsing what many of the other traitor items can do!

The main issue with the mindslave implant is that it merely gives one too much for too little effort on the behalf of the antagonist. While it does have some form of counterplay in that it can be removed, this is still reliant on observant third parties. I instead suggest that the victim should be able to resist a mindslave injection through a timer similar to that of a syringe, usually requiring someone alert to be stunned or otherwise incapacitated in some way before they can be mindslaved. I believe that this would provide both some form of counterplay on the behalf of the solo victim and require some form of planning and preparation on the behalf of the antagonist to inject someone.
This has already been debated a bunch and I think the consensus is that it would be very difficult to change anything about mindslaves.

It would make things harder for new/less robust players but the robust players would be unaffected.
I shall direct you to the crypt, the unseen land of the dead. Enjoy the previous thread of this discussion.

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=16692
(08-28-2021, 10:34 PM)krealition Wrote: Want AA and to make many other traitor items irrelevant, such as the wiretap headset? Just find Captain or HoS! 

Hos has an anti mindslave implant now, and I should mention that the HOS headset only has the sec, command, and general frequency, no others.
(08-29-2021, 05:03 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 10:34 PM)krealition Wrote: Want AA and to make many other traitor items irrelevant, such as the wiretap headset? Just find Captain or HoS! 

Hos has an anti mindslave implant now, and I should mention that the HOS headset only has the sec, command, and general frequency, no others.

Maybe on RP, the Captain should get one of those.