Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove random antag / sleeper spawns from blob only rounds
We dont have random antag spawns on other limted duration rounds (Nuke ops, Revolution), as both of these rounds have clear X vs Y objectives and the random element would interfere with this, Im not sure we really need random elements that generally just end up extending the round, as this is also a crew vs obvious threat gamemode.
Not to mention the fact that theres a problem of like, fire elementals spawning in being salty they got killed by blob, so they basically steamroll the blob. This would fix that, overall Im for the idea.
I can understand why you would want this but feeding the blob as an antag is often really fun. If we remove other antags from blob rounds it would be fun to add some blob person or whatever that has the goal of bringing people for the blob to eat
Idea : for blob rounds, replace all random antag spawns with blob ambassadors tasked with feeding the blob.

Problem : people will notice the blob people and immediately know it is blobs, even if not discovered yet
(08-25-2021, 11:25 PM)Zafhset Wrote: Idea : for blob rounds, replace all random antag spawns with blob ambassadors tasked with feeding the blob.

Problem : people will notice the blob people and immediately know it is blobs, even if not discovered yet

Generally, random antag spawns only occur once a set period has passed or an antag has died, if I rememeber correctly? if 15 minutes has passed (for example), or an antag has died (a blob) its highly likely the crew is aware of the presence of a blob at that point already. I like this suggestion however. If this were to be the case we'd probably want to make sure ambassador blob skins was disabled for the round as to prevent random lynchings of latejoin gimmick jobs.
You're talking about Late Join Antags.

Random Antags are randomly selected antag roles on certain game modes, Mixed being the most obvious example.
(08-26-2021, 08:59 AM)Technature Wrote: You're talking about Late Join Antags.

Random Antags are randomly selected antag roles on certain game modes, Mixed being the most obvious example.

No, there are random event antags that spawn later in the round.
Wait I know what you're talking about, nevermind.