Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
"Antag" Idea: The Maint Dweller
A horrid, pale maint dweller! Spawns somewhere randomly in maint, automatically pale skin, spawns with nothing but a rubber chicken and some scratched up assistant clothes.

ABILITY 1: Sabotage. Maint dweller, after a 7 second delay, 'sabotages' whatever the ability was directed at. For doors, they will become extremely damaged and easy to break down. For things like securitrons or medbots, they will become far less effective, medbots injecting less chems and securitrons doing less stun time. If a cyberlimb was sabotaged, it would automatically throw itself off the body of whoever it was on upon being used. Doesn't work on cyborgs. 20 second cooldown.

ABILITY 2: Annoy. Repeatedly makes you do sounds like screaming, vampire drink sound, deathgasp and normal gasp, and the clown honk, to just generally annoy the crew. 10 second cooldown.

ABILITY 3: Screech. Similar to the vamps screech, but doesn't smash lights and less effective. 20 second cooldown.

ABILITY 4: Smash. After a 15 second delay, smash up something completely. Items, doors, robots, even corpses will be smashed! But for corpses, it just mangles them up a bunch and sometimes ejects the brain. 30 second cooldown, cannot be used on actual brains or things like the AI.

ABILITY 5: Create Banana. Does exactly what it says, creating a banana peel on the tile the maint dweller is standing on. Useful for get-aways. 10 second cooldown.

PASSIVES: Slowly regenerates, to AIs and humans using the camera it comes up as a hard to see pale figure.

The maint-dweller can not move out into light areas, taking ramping BURN the longer they stand outside of maint. They are also far weaker than a normal human. Speaks like a drunk and has the clown's funny text. Yellow blood.

Not really a 'normal' antag, but more of an antag thats specifically designed to mess with the station and its crew by causing sometimes light havoc, or full on crippling the station. I think its funny.
this is just a staffie
Its fairly easy to do various "something spooky is in maint" gimicks as any traitor and I would love to see more antags doing this. A variation on this that I've wanted to do before is to try to make the crew believe that the maint near whatever is haunted.

Get a orion (or a revolver if you really want to), a chamelon (perferably scanned with something tiny), and a stache and agent card if you really want to play it out. Then sit at a door leading out of maint. When someone is sitting still near it, whenever it be talking or hacking open the door, you turn off the chamelon and shoot them up a bunch. Close the door and transform back. For bonus points place as many of that chamelon scanned item on the same tile. Continue this until the crew are convinced that the maintance where you lurk is haunted.
Sounds like a staffie that watched too much youtube videos to me.
I always liked the idea of an antagonist with weak or nonexistant combat abilities that exists to be annoying instead of killing people.
Reminds me of that time when the power went out and I decided to be The Butcher in response as a Chef Traitor on Cog 1.

Fun times when the AI discovered I turned the small room left of the pool into a meat room after he watched me drag a screaming security officer into it.

Where was I?

Oh right, uh...yeah, it's someone being annoying with slightly more tools to do so.  I don't know.
I think if something like this was going to be added as an antag, I'd just consider doing a less violent take on the Shadowling.