Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Buying on Credit
Certain items could be purchased using your ID card where it's added to your bank account as debt instead of outright paying for it

The HoP can see who has debt and how much they owe using the bank computer. They could also loans at customizable interest rates. One setting could establish how much time they have to pay of debt before they go into collection.

At that point, they are set to the arrest with the reason why added to the security records.

Debt can be repaid at ATMs, or the Bank computer can be used to edit the account.
Can be decently easily achieved via in-game means right now (i.e. ask someone with more money/access to more money to lend you some money).

I'd probably prefer avoiding implementing this as a gameplay mechanic as it would make more items immediately available at/near roundstart, which at least somewhat complicates economy balancing.

I would fully encourage HoPs to use their announcement computer to let everyone know they're giving out loans, though.
(08-22-2021, 09:22 AM)Mordent Wrote: Can be decently easily achieved via in-game means right now (i.e. ask someone with more money/access to more money to lend you some money).

I'd probably prefer avoiding implementing this as a gameplay mechanic as it would make more items immediately available at/near roundstart, which at least somewhat complicates economy balancing.

I would fully encourage HoPs to use their announcement computer to let everyone know they're giving out loans, though.

Perhaps certain items can't be bought with an outstanding balance on your file?
have to agree that this just sounds like a headache for balance. I also feel like loan collection stuff wouldn't be strongly enforced, or even enforceable. Your spaceman literally only has the clothes on their back, after all.

This definitely sounds like a fun gimmick for rp, but maybe not a mechanical feature that needs actualization.
I can promise if this is added people(me) will empty all propuffs from vending machines at round start.
I think if this was limited to, say, vending machines and the person was set to arrest automatically for spending an absurd amount of money, it could be neat.

But yeah, it feels like something that could be abused really easy.
The HoP could also set an amount of credit allowed before the vending machines lock a player out. Roundstart it could start at like, $100 or something
(08-22-2021, 05:05 PM)Technature Wrote: But yeah, it feels like something that could be abused really easy.

Agree. I think 3/4 of the players wouldn't use it and then some would meta it to get loans they don't pay back.
Potentially you could do it all through ATMs and withholding job wages but then staff assistants would never be able to borrow much, you couldn't loan a staffie 1000 credits as that's 10 wage cycles. It would work acceptably for higher paying jobs as they would only need 3~ wage cycles to pay off 1000 creditss.
Can't wait for secoffs to empty every vendor and just remove themselves from arrest.