Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Donk Pocket change.
Donk pocket change just hit, I can't find a github log about it, so i'm posting here.

Currently if you overheat a donk pocket past a certain temperature, it turns into a Scalding donk. This means, generally, the only way to heat a donk pocket is via the Microwave, the oven on 1s Low, or... The Strelka prismatic laser?

When a Donk pocket is A Scalding Donk pocket, it stays like that for a certain period of time, consuming it gives you 10u of ????.
After roughly 5m, you'd think the Scalding Donk would cool down, and you would have a Warm Donk, but you instead get... a normal Donk?

Bug Report!
Current Behavior.
Super heat Donk Pocket.
Turns into Scalding Donk Pocket.
Cools down into Donk Pocket.

Expected Behavior.
Super heat Donk Pocket.
Cools down into Warm Donk Pocket.

Opinion and Suggestion.
So that you don't have folks super heating donks, and then letting them cooldown and possibly be used while they are fighting, add a new Donk. Donk Pocket -> Warm Donk Pocket. If it cools down, it show up as just Donk Pocket, but if heated again, it becomes Re-Heated Donk Pocket. Giving only 5u of Omnizine.
(08-22-2021, 02:54 AM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote: Donk pocket change just hit, I can't find a github log about it, so i'm posting here.

Currently if you overheat a donk pocket past a certain temperature, it turns into a Scalding donk. This means, generally, the only way to heat a donk pocket is via the Microwave, the oven on 1s Low, or... The Strelka prismatic laser?

When a Donk pocket is A Scalding Donk pocket, it stays like that for a certain period of time, consuming it gives you 10u of ????.
After roughly 5m, you'd think the Scalding Donk would cool down, and you would have a Warm Donk, but you instead get... a normal Donk?

Bug Report!
Current Behavior.
Super heat Donk Pocket.

Expected Behavior.
Super heat Donk Pocket.
Cools down into Warm Donk Pocket.

Opinion and Suggestion.
So that you don't have folks super heating donks, and then letting them cooldown and possibly be used while they are fighting, add a new Donk. Donk Pocket -> Warm Donk Pocket. If it cools down, it show up as just Donk Pocket, but if heated again, it becomes Re-Heated Donk Pocket. Giving only 5u of Omnizine.

the reason why you can't find the github log about is due to the fact that the person who made it did not give a poll for it
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...07a5be0bed

Here is the commit, and you can't find it probably because you are looking at closed PRs and not the github log, now, imo this change was long coming and is just another sign of a new commitment the devs are making with making healing yourself less trivial, other signs would be, removing the robotics fab from faint and the mender changes. This is good for the game, healing should take more effort than dropping an item and using a multitool on it.
There was no reason for any crew member, antag or otherwise, not to rush the donk boxes every round. Although it was nice to be able to grab them and do emergency healing it was a potent power gaming tool. A box you can keep in your backpack got you 7 hits of 15u of omnizine that heals all, losebreath, bleeding damage, regenerates blood and repairs organs. At least this way they get to keep having a powerful medical chemical.
Yes yes, agreed to all of the above. Issue I brought up is that Scalding Donk Pockets don't turn into Warm Donk Pockets eventually. They turn into normal Donk Pockets.

You'd think something that is SCALDING HOT would cool down to something that is WARM.
I am not a big fan of that because people would just dump them all on the ground, overheat and then keep It for when it later cools down.
(08-23-2021, 01:27 PM)THISISANICEGAME Wrote: I am not a big fan of that because people would just dump them all on the ground, overheat and then keep It for when it later cools down.

^
Then change the name to Burnt donk pocket, so that people KNOW its useless. Scalding lets me know its TOO hot, but gives me the idea it will eventually be WARM.

Burnt Donk Pocket lets me know its useless, and more than likely won't be useful again.
I think the intent was to make it selectively difficult to warm the donk pocket into a useable form, not destroy it entirely (by accident or otherwise).

I don't regularly use donk pockets, so I don't have much else to add.