Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Unpopular opinion? I'm not a fan of the 90 minute round on RP
I'm a little less than happy about the idea.  I won't deny there are pros to it.  Now this means I can try out the more gimmick roles and am less likely to get bored before round end. 

There was just something so cozy about 120 minute rounds.  Even when I was just a tourist I'd get a kick of chilling in the bar and watch the people running back and forth as some manner of chaos escalates.  Sometimes the chaos would overwhelm Command, other times it would be contained.  I'm afraid that the time reduction would interrupt this power struggle too early. 

I suppose it's like a two hour long movie.  I know I don't have to get up or come back to reality for that whole time, sometimes longer for other movies.  But if my movie suddenly paused to say "The movie has ran for 90 minutes  would you like the movie to last longer or end now?"  Then suddenly I'm pulled back into reality and have to ask myself this question.  My kneejerk reaction would be to always extend because being immersed is my comfy state.  

But even if the round was extended, there would still be that nagging reminder in my head that "This is just a videogame!  The round is gonna end and then there will be another.  You should probably go do whatever you need to real quick while the round is changing since this is not reality and just a videogame.  Oh you're extending it?  Well I hope you enjoy the rest of this round of the videogame.  I hope you have fun pretending to be that character and not yourself, who is actually just playing a videogame.

Maybe I treasure this feeling of being immersed overly much, but that's why I enjoyed the 2 hour round.  Even if things winded down.  It's like working a real job at a kitchen,  stuff moves fast and it can be CHAOS during meal times.  But then there are those moments where nothing happens and you get to breath.  Maybe go for a bar break as Sec.  Captain can go to the bridge and mellow out a few moments.  I quite enjoyed the pre-shuttle chill out time.   We get to play our characters during a time that isn't quite so high energy.