Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paper + ID slots
Due to the nature of HOPs (sometimes) vanishing from his Job or denying ID changes and such.
I request the ability to put pieces of paper into your ID slot :downs:

If used, the title of the paper would serve as the name and the contents as the job. When examining people with paper Ids, their job name and title would be seen as red, contrasting with the blue text to make it super obvious that it's not a legit ID. And I suppose the mouseover name should also be in red text.
The paper's contents must be 25 characters or shorter or the job title will be seen as "(Too long to read)" or something.

This is Pubbie (BATMAN)!
Pubbie is wearing a staff assistant's jumpsuit.
Pubbie has a Radio Headset by his mouth.
Pubbie has a PDA-Pubbie on his belt.
Pubbie has a backpack on his back.
Pubbie is wearing BATMAN's paper id (The Space Knight).

Voice changers would not work on these since it would be pretty OP.

When masked
This is BATMAN!
BATMAN is wearing a staff assistant's jumpsuit.
BATMAN has a Radio Headset by his mouth.
BATMAN has a PDA-Pubbie on his belt.
BATMAN has a backpack on his back.
BATMAN has a gas mask on his face.
BATMAN is wearing BATMAN's paper id (The Space Knight).

Pros
+ Chances of more unfun gimmicks popping up.
+ Temporary names to match your costumes.
+ Trick people with it, laugh.
+ Access aside, no more waiting for Id changes.
+ More not-so-fun uses for Paper

Cons
- Bound to be abused somehow.
- Limits your access to glass airlocks and public places.
- Might give the HOP less of a job.

So, yeah that's pretty much it, unless I missed something important... v
This sounds like a great and well thought out suggestion. I can't think of any reason to not do this other than stated.
As a way to make hop feel better about themselves, why not let HOP set ID colors as well.

Add some extra colors, e.g a purple ID, or a orange ID" so that you could have a security clown with a red badge, or a Scientist with a black badge.

Security already has red badges, and captain has a gold ID.

Paper ID's could be used for gags and gimmicks, while the colored ID's and access would be a more official reason to annoy the HOP.

Also perhaps HOP could sell Personalized ID's for money.
atomic1fire Wrote:As a way to make hop feel better about themselves, why not let HOP set ID colors as well.

Add some extra colors, e.g a purple ID, or a orange ID" so that you could have a security clown with a red badge, or a Scientist with a black badge.

Security already has red badges, and captain has a gold ID.

Paper ID's could be used for gags and gimmicks, while the colored ID's and access would be a more official reason to annoy the HOP.

Also perhaps HOP could sell Personalized ID's for money.
There's already a few different colors available. Red, purple, yellow, green, white, maybe more. But a few others would be cool for customization alongside the ability to change it with the ID computer.
You can already forge a fake job title on your ID card, although you can't forge your name. aardvarko

I'd tell you more, but I'm afraid I'd be labeled a snitch.