Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Puppeteer/The Puppet Master (Antagonist Idea)
A horror.. A true monster among men,   the puppet master. It would work like a ling in a sense that it could absorb people to turn into puppets. The puppets, when held in either hands or both will be able to be used as vessels for the people enslaved by the puppet master..
The puppet master also has a link to the minds of the people he enslaves, being able to give orders for puppets to coordinate for shows, entertain the crew with ghoulish undertones of wearing a crewmates corpse on his hand, or to tell you with terrifying certainty that YOU'RE next.

I think the puppeteer should start with a basic puppet that they can make say things, it should be nameable and if held near someone could be used to stun them somehow. Maybe it could catch the victim in a childlike trance. A trance which would make them fall asleep. Maybe absorbing could be using the basic puppet or any of the slave puppets on an unconscious person.

This is mostly an antagonist for the RP servers, since I'm sure it would be obvious to spot a puppeteer on main.

Undeveloped Ideas because I just came up with this:
I'm undecided on whether or not the puppets should be physical items that could be stuffed in a backpack or a box OR to have them be summoned depending on which hand is selected. On the plus side, you could hand out the puppets if they were physical objects and there could be a limit a puppeteer can have in their bag but that would mean the puppets could be lost. 

I think each puppet should have something that makes it beneficial to bring out, each puppet having a unique power roll to it when it is created. It is 1 am where I am so instead of writing an entire essay on possible powers for antagonist slave puppets for a space game I'm gonna sleep.
i like the idea of an antagonist that makes minions and might be reliant on them to get certain things done, the ling and the vampire can make minions but theyre mostly optional. (if you count mindslaving you could also include the traitor and spy i guess)
Heres the way i see the concept
The puppet master is an exiled member of the wizard federation that can use magic to essentially mind control one or two people by tying them to a physical doll (if i call them both puppets itll get confusing fast) that they need to hold to keep control over the puppet, with the ability to use magic to say see through the puppets eyes, upgrade the doll to improve the puppet in some way (more abilities, resistence, health, whatever) probably also heal the puppet, maybe some other things like being able to make a crystal ball out of glass to exit your physical body and have your soul gaze upon the station to better order your minions around, obviously the ability to talk to the puppet while they have the doll.