Zander Martin for HoS
Usual Character Name: Zander Martin (T-420 as a borg, and went as Not Sure on donut if anyone remembers)
BYOND Username: badass wafflez
Recommended by (if applicable): Jebediah Flarearms
Times Available: Usually later EST

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):
I ran into Jeb the other day and he seemed surprised that I wasn't HoS. I've been playing for a while and I guess it just never occurred to me. Granted he did pull a saber on me afterward (managed to tase and cuff him) but he seemed genuine enough so I decided to register on the forums fill out an application for HoS. I've been noticing that a lot of people don't play sec as much or tend to disappear mysteriously, so I've been going sec a lot lately if I join and notice there aren't any officers around. I try to be a fair officer, I think the only time I've ever bucklecuffed someone was back on donut when I was stung by a changling and blacked out before I could release the guy, and I'll usually let traitors go free sans-equipment if they haven't been rampaging. If I were HoS I'd be better able to keep an eye on sec and make sure they don't kill to many crew members. And as much as I hate to admit it, free thermals and an energy gun sound pretty good.
I've been playing since before donut (ovarystation? I hope that's what it was called or I'm gonna feel like a dumbass...) and I know the ins and outs of most jobs and things to do on the station. I like to help out by filling in for whatever jobs are missing or patching holes in the station as I see them regardless of whether or not I'm an engineer, and I'm competent at almost every job on the station. I haven't played barman or chef very much, but I can follow a recipe. I also try to help out newbies when I can, as long as they're willing to listen and not asking for something that can be used to grief, so I think I'd be a good mentor as well.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):
I played detective a lot in the past. I scanned a lot of power sinks, drank a lot of booze, and stopped a lot of crime. I still play it every now and then, but it's a bit harder to catch people now that gloves don't leave fingerprints, but I don't see traitors using power sinks as often anyways so I guess it evens out. Because I use the PDA forensic scanner I do the same things as an officer except I don't have thermals and I can't monologue about the station, but I don't have to worry about shooting someone to death before I can load stun rounds into my revolver. I don't know why it doesn't start with them loaded, if I need to shoot to kill I could always reload, but a dead assistant just means a bigger mess and a trip to medbay for borging or cloning.
Like I said above, I'm pretty lenient when I actually do catch people. If we manage to not kill each other and they're nice enough coming back to the brig I'll let them go after a short sentence after a quick check for cloaks or the like. I'll usually stick around to make sure they can get out of the brig when their sentence ends and try to make some conversation, since a pissed off inmate is just going to cause trouble when they get released. I've been beaten up by power-tripping security before so I know what it can be like, and try to avoid beating people if possible and stop officers from doing it when I see it. I can't speak for my own robustness, I'll leave that to other players, but I tend to make it to the end of most rounds alive, and that has to count for something.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc):
I think it's pretty good, the lobby with the chute to the cells are really convenient and helps to keep assistants from running in and grabbing whatever isn't nailed down.
Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):
Liked the first one, can't remember much about the second,I never watched what came after but they seem like abominations.
Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
N/A
I did, in fact, recommend him. From my experience he seems cool, and I want him to get the beret. Yes yes yes.
Actually I do remember Not Sure from donut. I can honestly say I've only seen Zander Martin a handfull of times, he seems chill and otherwise a good player...maybe because I only play on 3 almost exclusively and only around 1-2 rounds every other day these days.

I remember Not Sure as a fun as hell crewmate and if you've been playing this whole time you are no doubt experienced enough.

Backslide McCreedy gives a resounding v <YES! from days long ago.
Yes.