Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Arcfiend feedback thread
Arcfiend smes is old smes, arcfiends get baton immunity.
(09-16-2021, 04:34 AM)Ikea Wrote: Arcfiend smes is old smes, arcfiends get baton immunity.

Wait, if they get baton immunity then why did that person say stun batons are normally effective on them? Now I'm lost...
(09-16-2021, 04:34 AM)Ikea Wrote: Arcfiend smes is old smes, arcfiends get baton immunity.

It might be bugged then, because when I got arcfiend yesterday the stun baton seemed to stun me just fine.
Pretty sure arcfiends are not immune to batons.

Source : me, an arcfiend being stunned by batons.
idea: if you try to stun an arcfiend with a baton it should drain the entire battery and do nothing
Being resistant to defibs sucks, as heart attacks are extremely common. Just hoping that altropine or using heart surgery isnt always possible. Furthermore, I've seen some secoffs using defibs as a test for arcfiend, running around defibing everyone until they find someone who won't be briefly stunned by it, which is a easy and quick test that they can do to everyone they see in a reletively short time.
Unlike normal SMES humans, arcfiends are supposed to be able to control the electricity in their veins.

I don't see why they couldn't just jumpstart their own hearts.
arcfiends sapping people is really strong. It gives 40 points per second, stunlocks, does burn, and stamina damage. 40 points 1 second, thats 400 points every 10, and 1600 every 40 seconds. I just managed to get 15000+ points abusing that on 100pop manta, while only sapping 2 apcs. Id suggest people giving 5-10 points every suck instead of a whopping 40
Arcfiends can sap people? How does that work?
if theyre alive, you can sap their power from their heart, dealing some damage, and stamina damage, after a bit it stamcrits, and gives you 40 power every second, its really brokenly strong, i was using it as a finisher in my combo instead of the 500 point finisher
One person is more than enough power to reach 2k too, you should only be able to drain from them as long as they have stamina and the 500 point finisher is really underwhelming imo.
The heart drain seems a little out of place, although i get the energy source aspect of it. Have only gone up against a few, but one of rounds was with 2 arcfiends on donut 3 as the Chief Engineer, which was painful. They never released the singularity, but the fact that if they caught me it felt like I was fighting a living stun baton was hell on earth.

I'm echoing what others have said, but resources caps feel kind of lame when you hit the cap in 7 minutes. Would like to see them without a max charge capacity, and ideally less human power sapping cause that feels more vampire themed to manipulate somebodies heart n' stuff. Although the cardiac stuff is still in theme for arcfiend, its just crazy strong. Could also be because stuns and stamina damage are very strong in general, and coupling that with arc-fiend being able to use everything regular crew can use on top of the strong abilities, makes it kind of overbearing with an experienced handler.

Example being something like a real fight with just two normal crew in a 1v1, a 50 stam damage weapon will beat a 50 raw damage weapon in almost every fight. Once they person gets stamcrit stunned, now they've also lost their 50 damage weapon by dropping it and are being pseduo permastunned by constant stamcrit while already stunned. Arcfiend may not have a 50 stam weapon, but fire extinguisher is pretty close coupled with their strong stamina sapping abilities.

Overall it's a cool antagonist, I like the design. Voltron like abilities or being able to overload electronic equipment and create explosions would be fun, but that's not incorporating any balance thoughts into it. Less stuns would be appreciated, but honestly that's not really arcfiend and more the stamina system itself. Hopefully I get to play as it soon, so I can see what it's like on the other side of the table.

Edit: Quick note, would also like them to be able to drain power cells just lying around like Vocal suggested.
I will add, its good that because theyre strong they also haw low defense, I got sarindumped and it almost got me, but I had aa and was in medbay. I think it being strong is fine, because it has no heal abilities. Det could hit it with lethals and it would be done.
smes counters arcfiends too hard, because I had smes I was able to easily kill 3 arcfiends without much challenge a while ago