Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hacking/ mechcomp secrets and tricks
What are your favorite gimmicks which either aren't on the wiki, or are practical or hilarious extensions of the available info?

I'll go first
Get 2 PDA's with packet senders, security cameras,  and a place where you won't get harassed,  the mechanic outpost backroom works great for this.
Set up the PDA's with fire alarm hacking,
one to open, one to close. Fire alarm packets don't have a range, and even work in different Z levels. Now you can terrorize the station with the fire alarms. The name of the target is always the name of the doors in the area.
If you're fast enough people can't open with a crowbar.
The best part about this scheme is that you can pick a specific victim, like HoS or captain and harass and trap them in dangerous situations
Often as AI or mechanic ill setup a quick dwaine program to send the emails in mainframe to all of the printers, just there to read if anyones interested
Not sure if this is patched by now and i didn't do it myself.
I remember a guy bragging about how he can use the computer in the brig to teleport himself to telesci.
(Somehow he remotely accessed the teleporter) And yeah he showed me, did it to himself right in front of me.
Just needed his ID to log into the computer
(08-15-2021, 03:06 PM)Chayot Wrote: Not sure if this is patched by now and i didn't do it myself.
I remember a guy bragging about how he can use the computer in the brig to teleport himself to telesci.
(Somehow he remotely accessed the teleporter) And yeah he showed me, did it to himself right in front of me.

Oh I know how to do this, its not an exploit, the computers can be copied to have teleman setup on them so if you send the command through it it can grab you. You need to break into the brig or have the disk on you to do it though and set up the programs in the first place.
(08-15-2021, 04:10 PM)Drewmajor11 Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 03:06 PM)Chayot Wrote: Not sure if this is patched by now and i didn't do it myself.

Oh I know how to do this, its not an exploit, the computers can be copied to have teleman setup on them so if you send the command through it it can grab you. You need to break into the brig or have the disk on you to do it though and set up the programs in the first place.

I've seen this be done with PDA,  but you need to make a wifi signal packet machine to pull it off