Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Improvements to Diplomat job
Diplomat should include in the notes section specific details about the traits and weaknesses of their bodies as well unusable equip slots. Maybe the unusable slots have large red X's on them or something.
All diplomats should be able to understand English, after all, why would they be sent to NT without being able to speak english?
I don't think the inability to speak to/understand other players should be removed (in fact I'd like to see that with more Diplomat species) as Diplomat is a gimmick job in the end, and the language barrier is part of that gimmick. Maybe ways to get better at speaking English the more time you spend alive during the shift trying to communicate with other players would be cool though.
(08-12-2021, 06:17 AM)walpvrgis Wrote: I don't think the inability to speak to/understand other players should be removed (in fact I'd like to see that with more Diplomat species) as Diplomat is a gimmick job in the end, and the language barrier is part of that gimmick. Maybe ways to get better at speaking English the more time you spend alive during the shift trying to communicate with other players would be cool though.
Getting people to either write what they say, or read what you are trying to say is too difficult especially when things are happening. All that happens is you die because you can't communicate. Besides, the majority of the fun in SS13 is with other people. If the Diplomat can't speak english it should indicate that before you play it
Diplomat has always been a slightly less gimped clown. The PDA is a good alternative to communicating with people. Gives a big "Hey, check your text box, I'm talking to you" warning to people.
How about giving the ability to understand diplomat speech only to the Head of Personnel, the bartender and... of course... the clown?
Yeah i like the idea that the Hop, the bartender, and the clown and mime somehow know every alien language
(08-13-2021, 11:04 AM)AlyasGrey Wrote: How about giving the ability to understand diplomat speech only to the Head of Personnel, the bartender and... of course... the clown?

That is solid gold. 24 carrot.
I think one thing that COULD use changing is martian diplomats.

They currently cannot equip internals due to their janky slot restrictions, and cannot breathe in space. This makes for a really difficult time when the station is blown up.

Maybe just make them straight up not need air like changelings? Mars doesn't exactly have oxygen anyway.