Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Improve the keybinding menu.
Make it so that you can just press the key you want to bind like any other modern game, its very finicky to type the key you want it to be considering mouse's today can have extra buttons on them and I cant exactly easily type those keys. Also make the action key like C be bindable because for some reason it ain't there. The menu is just very old and should really be updated, heard that people even say that the key binding doesn't save so its very buggy in its current state.
Not feasible in BYOND for the most part. You could do a lot of JS work but mouse keys will never work.

Also the menu is like 1 year old lol
you might be able to use some sort of hotkey software to make it so the mousebutton is interpreted as a macro to press [, or ], or some other key you dont need to use much in gameplay.

alternatively, and less likely to run afoul of any anticheat stuff goon has (idk if it does, just offering the suggestion) you might be able to change the mousebutton action directly into a keypress in your mouse's software, although this is usually more annoying to swap back and forth from. I used this method when I briefly played colonial marines to bind some gun hotkeys to my mousebuttons.
(08-11-2021, 12:27 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: Not feasible in BYOND for the most part. You could do a lot of JS work but mouse keys will never work.

Also the menu is like 1 year old lol

Ah damn, that's sad. Wish we could one day improve from byond.