Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
RP: add Cannibalism to Space law as a major crime.
So I'm just going to say how I feel. I find Vampires in the RP server to be very hard to deal with as a Sec officer.

My suggestion is simple put a Cannibalism example in Space law and make it major crime. 

Now let me get this out of the way, I find nothing wrong with friendly vampires, any way you RP vampire is fine with me and encouraged, but the way we deal with them is so lack luster and hand holding. its all "vamps don't exist", "there just a wierd its fine", and "I just needs a little blood I wasn't going to kill him!" and that's fine and good, but there needs to be some risk to it! if your hands caught in the cookie jar you need to be punished. Cannibalism eating, or drinking someone unwilling is VERY bad in the real world anyway so lets just put it in writing.

Update: the feedback for this idea was pretty lackluster so I'll take the L. Out of curiosity though would you all be opposed to just adding some in-game lore that vampires exist instead?
Not opposed to this, but usually when you catch them with their hands in the cookie jar, it can be quite easily billed as assault. Even attempted murder, potentially. Or if the creative spirit allows it, theft.

Not a vote against, just offering my advice.
I'm gonna be honest. If HoS and Sec are not at the very least arresting a guy that is literally biting people, at the VERY LEAST trying to get them mental help in Medbay, they're being a bit too soft.

Also, vamps very much do exist. There's a vampire disease in-game. Draculaculiasis. Use that as an RP starter.
I think the only thing that can make this a but, unenforceable is lizard men who eat peoples organs, maybe make it a minor crime so people who do that are not punished to badly if the organ was extracted with consent, IE normal surgery.

but this would also make someone who cuts out a organ with out replacing it a crime in its own right.

(08-10-2021, 10:44 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote: I think the only thing that can make this a but, unenforceable is lizard men who eat peoples organs, maybe make it a minor crime so people who do that are not punished to badly if the organ was extracted with consent, IE normal surgery.

but this would also make someone who cuts out a organ with out replacing it a crime in its own right.

(08-10-2021, 10:44 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote: I think the only thing that can make this a but, unenforceable is lizard men who eat peoples organs, maybe make it a minor crime so people who do that are not punished to badly if the organ was extracted with consent, IE normal surgery.

That's why I added 'unwilling' at the end of there.

(08-10-2021, 10:22 PM)Cal Wrote: I'm gonna be honest. If HoS and Sec are not at the very least arresting a guy that is literally biting people, at the VERY LEAST trying to get them mental help in Medbay, they're being a bit too soft.

Also, vamps very much do exist. There's a vampire disease in-game. Draculaculiasis. Use that as an RP starter.

I mean don't get me wrong if they come across it they do arrest but it's usually it's just a small minor 2 minutes in the brig. Well I'm suggesting is to make it a harsher crime.

As for this disease since diseases aren't in the game maybe people just don't know about it.
You don't necessarily have to add a thing to space law for it to be illegal. Space law itself can be a bit misleading at times. Besides, I don't see cannibalism all too much as security (unless you want to count changelings or vampires for some reason).
I might be wrong about this, but I think it's canon that spacemen know about the concept of things like syndicate agents, Blobs, Changelings etc. Like, it's a part of the orientation video for new hires or whatever.
Yeah Frank. I remember something about that too
So here's what I understand about antags on the RP server.

The Syndicate is a well known threat, and they're known to send people to infiltrate NT. They have the technology for Nuclear Devices, but those somehow usually only end up at "those stations filled with the dumbasses whose first response to anything is a toolbox to the head". People sent to these stations are given certain missions, either to cause problems (traitor), steal things (Spy Thief), or to wait for further orders (Sleeper Agents)

Blobs are problems that happen due to poor hygiene on the station, which is usually not an issue.

Changelings are definitely not real, and any heads of staff or security mentioning them should be discarded immediately.

Revolutions and Gang Wars don't happen (outside of RP reasons). A few people may get together to do conspiracies, however.

Vampires, Werewolves, Wraiths, and Predators are creations of Fictional horror. Reports on them will not be taken seriously (on their own).

Grinches are Christmas Saturday Morning Cartoon Villains, and should be yelled at as long as they're not doing anything too serious.

Krampus is definitely real and definitely horrifying.

Wrestlers should be worshipped in the hopes that they make your inevitable death quick and painless.

I feel that something on the wiki, somewhere, preferably written by the admins clarifying this, would be beneficial for...pretty much everybody.
As the original author of space law I would support adding a few extra laws for RP. Cannibalism, narcotics, impersonation of an NT employee (would apply to changelings, vampires, maybe some traitors, depending on the RP) could all be made illegal.

Space Law was originally conceived for Classic as a way to give security players a starting point to harass people, and stuff like cannibalism and weed can't really be illegal on Classic because they're constantly happening, everywhere. I don't play on RP enough to feel justified putting a serious proposal forward, but if a player wanted to try we could take it into consideration.

Tangent: lizards should lose organ-eating and gain some kind of limb regeneration imo. Lizards dont even eat organs irl anyway.