Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chugging from soda bottles like drinking glasses?
I just wanna be able to chug my tea/chicken soup/overpriced bottled water. Don't see why not?
Yes. I want to chug
CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!
Maybe slightly besides the topic, but I feel like we should be able to drink from stuff like beakers too, it only seems reasonable that it'd be possible.
Maybe some kind of generalized chug thing for that? Could be triggered via a *chug emote, or maybe some kind of signal stuff so we don't need to duplicate the code thrice, I don't really know how that works.
I've been wanting to be able to chug Discount Dan noodles for the LONGEST time now, god yes please.
I feel like all containers you can drink from should be chuggable. I'm ambivalant on beakers since I can see the argument that beakers and pitchers should be mechanically distinct, but yeah. I see no reason why you should be able to chug from a wine glass but not a can of pepsi.
(08-06-2021, 12:13 AM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: Maybe slightly besides the topic, but I feel like we should be able to drink from stuff like beakers too, it only seems reasonable that it'd be possible.
Maybe some kind of generalized chug thing for that? Could be triggered via a *chug emote, or maybe some kind of signal stuff so we don't need to duplicate the code thrice, I don't really know how that works.

you cant drink from beakers so that you can splash people with them instead, not sure there's really a nice way to combine the two without turning liquid containers into a nightmare for new players
You can splash things with drinking glasses, as long as those things aren't people. You should be able to chug from beakers, since there is no other reason to click-drag them to people.

It's just really silly to be in possession of chemicals in a beaker and be unable to ingest them without some other tool.
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/5709

I 100% agree so I PR'd the idea, it was pretty simple to implement. It's kinda weird chugging wasn't first implemented for all the drinking containers.