Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Make batteries be able to removed by click dragging battery container into offhand
Name explains most of it, rn the only way to remove a battery from an item is to swap it with another battery, this behavior isnt really intuitive, and sucks for qol. Anytime you want to get an artbattery from an artgun, you go on a fetch quest to find one battery that isnt in an item, so either make your own or steal from sec for the practical ways to do it.
could be a neat change but would allow farming of batteries from mechscanned items
(08-02-2021, 03:18 PM)unfunnyperson Wrote: could be a neat change but would allow farming of batteries from mechscanned items

Already a thing, just a bit more of a pain in the ass to do now. Get a bunch of ectoplasm from spooky dans, make some cheap batteries, and swap them out using those. Would not be opposed to mechscanned items coming without a battery, and batteries being scannable seperately. Would make it harder to mass produce things like phasers and tasers as a result of this change, but I am not opposed to that.
I see no problem with this, it makes little sense that you need another battery to swap out the existing one, and like it was already said, batteries to swap are trivial to make with ectoplasm.
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...20a15f90e0

It was a thing before, got removed for some reason, guessing it was too buggy or something.
(08-02-2021, 05:43 PM)THISISANICEGAME Wrote: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...20a15f90e0

It was a thing before, got removed for some reason, guessing it was too buggy or something.

Judging by the commit name was likely for consistency, nothing else used it so it was odd to have it be for just one thing.
Breaks a lot of little stuff for guns, and guns are messy. You'd have to make some changes there to make it worth the change. Definitely more than flipping a switch, but not too bad all things considered. But imo, not worth the hassel of doing, unless it's a lot easier to do thoroughly than I'm imagining.