Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They told me I could be anything...
[Image: 4GQu5jp.png][Image: cMCdXDJ.png][Image: 8cxmrk3.png][Image: PO8MgVa.png]

ŝ͖̟̩̺̱̬̗̫̀̋͐ͫͫ͛̀̀oͬ̾͛҉̪̩̙̤͉̱̟ ͐̈́̏ͯ̀҉͎̬͉̞̙̞iͨͧͫͥͥ҉̬̤̺̜̗͚̹̖͘ ̷̜̫̭̖̳͍̦͌́̀b̤̯̞̜͈̓̐̃͠e̵̼͉̣͎̮̮͖̗̒ͤ̓͊̇͢c͕̭̱͎̼͚̦̗̰̀̾͗̈́̾̿͛ͤ̆͡͝a̖̝̲̻̲͎͕̦̼̒̾m͙̻̲ͧ̋ěͤ̂͞͏̬̲̝͔̼ͅ ̝̘͉͇̐͆̿̀̉ͪ͌͡ê̡͔̘̖̅̋̽͟v̭̞͈͎̫̌ͥ̈e̵̸͓͈͛̈́̎͊̓̅̆ṟ̩͇͙͛͂̄͛̆y̴͓̮͕̱̞̱͈̓̅͡t̩̺̻̝͖̳̉ͤ̆h̡̡̗̰͙͖̻̤ͧ̀̿̒͞ͅi̩̤̰̭̬͚ͫ͟͜n̺͙͙̦̮͇̄̕̕g̴̛̗̣̗͈̟̞͇ͮ̎ͩi̳̺̖̥͉̭͈͗ͯͨ̒n̛̜̯̼̬̲̙̩ͭ͐ͪ͛̕ͅg̴̖͓͈̝̜̟ͣ̀

Mutations first release
For those that can't quite make much of the horrific mutants in the OP, this is basically if cataclysm DDA's mutation system were in SS13. At least the sprite half is. I'm offering literally thousands of sprites here so genetics can be more loved than it has any right to be.

There's a huge list of pre-explained functions for basically all mutations, though I'm sure you guys will change things around as you see fit.

Also, you can't have everything mixed at the same time (for reason of sprite compatibility and balance). So having a reaper mouth with a hanging mouth with a beak will not be possible, as the newer one cancels the old one out.

There are also an absolute TON of invisible mutations (brittle bones, fast regeneration, ponderous, light sensitive etc) that still have large gameplay effects and could tie in well (horrifyingly) with other mutations, such as insane strength + bone blade arm.

While the old style of genetic mutations (glowing blue heads, green skin and red eyes, glowing orange aura) are gone, they have been replaced with mutations here that do the same thing, such as insane intelligence (TK), insane strength (hulk) and so on.

I hope you guys make use of this massive amount of crap I made over the past 4 months to create all kinds of insane new FUN <3

XOXO FROM /TG/
This sounds like a pretty awesome idea i must say
Sounds cool in theory but...

Ew.

[Image: 4Kijs.png]
10/10 implement now
erotic dad Wrote:Sounds cool in theory but...

Ew.

pic

This was made with bay12 in mind, as I pulled the furred and squid skin types directly from their things (tajarans/catmen look like that) so that it can be compatible with the biggest servers. Gotta open up the possibilities for implementation.

If it's the whole furry thing in general you're against then just don't add it, as there's tons of other skin mutations anyway. You're the ones who get to pick and choose.

And yes, I do plan to come back to this and finish the extra stuff. As you can see there's still fatness and fat clothes to do, and I'll also do dismemberment and all kinds of other crap to be done in the future.
I really don't see any need to turn SS13 into Cataclysm. Some of those sprites are pretty cool and I thank you for making them available, but I have serious doubts about this idea.

Wings? Fur? Tails? ugh
Cogwerks Wrote:I really don't see any need to turn SS13 into Cataclysm. Some of those sprites are pretty cool and I thank you for making them available, but I have serious doubts about this idea.

Wings? Fur? Tails? ugh

Again, those are entirely optional. You could just add all the freaky stuff (reaper mouthes, bone sword arms, external rib cage maws etc) and ignore the rest if you want. All up to you if you want to make a ton of new stuff for genetics, and I sure as hell don't expect (or really want) everything to be added.
Some of it could work for a creepy hell area though.
What about really rare cloning accidents?
Genetics already has an assload of mutations already implemented, along with the new system, adding all these cool and rad idea's will just make genetics a new powerhouse where everyone wants to be a geneticist and become a demon and you have half the station crowded into that room.
Now don't get me wrong, what I think these COULD be used for is some inter-departmental collaboration, like genetics working with pathology/chemistry to make some assistant into a horrible monster that has some advantages, but also disadvantages. Or it could be used for the tele-science crew to get some weird genes/virii from a distant z-level.
Sundance Wrote:Genetics already has an assload of mutations already implemented, along with the new system, adding all these cool and rad idea's will just make genetics a new powerhouse where everyone wants to be a geneticist and become a demon and you have half the station crowded into that room.
Now don't get me wrong, what I think these COULD be used for is some inter-departmental collaboration, like genetics working with pathology/chemistry to make some assistant into a horrible monster that has some advantages, but also disadvantages. Or it could be used for the tele-science crew to get some weird genes/virii from a distant z-level.
I was thinking more along the lines of really bad things you don't want to happen. Like, a fly gets caught in the cloning scanner and the new clone that comes out is FLY MAN like that sci-fi movie with the teleporter.
Cameron Higgs Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Genetics already has an assload of mutations already implemented, along with the new system, adding all these cool and rad idea's will just make genetics a new powerhouse where everyone wants to be a geneticist and become a demon and you have half the station crowded into that room.
I was thinking more along the lines of really bad things you don't want to happen. Like, a fly gets caught in the cloning scanner and the new clone that comes out is FLY MAN like that sci-fi movie with the teleporter.
The movie The Fly? That'd be kind of rad....but how'd you get a fly in? There aren't even flies in the game from what I know.
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
Cameron Higgs Wrote:
The movie The Fly? That'd be kind of rad....but how'd you get a fly in? There aren't even flies in the game from what I know.
And thus, Bee man was born.
For Science!
Genetics accidents could be fun, but I think it should be an effect of emaging the genetics scanner/console

You could kill players by turning them into monsters that might ignore you, but murder everything else.