Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Give the Captain role more of a purpose
I have had a lot of experience with the cap role and recent threads confirmed it was not just me who thought this but the cap role kinda has no real direction to go in, unless you get antag as captain your entire round boils down to any gimmicks you may have and being one of the first to die when shit goes down.

I mean other heads don't have that much direction either but at least they have some, the other heads can pretty much do whatever there department does normally except they got more access, the cap does not really have any jobs or tasks that can't be done by other roles(that I am thinking of right now), anyway I may be wrong on this or I may be proving the cap role needs some more things to do, what are your opinions on the matter?

On a side note I want to vote that the admins set it to automatically playing staying alive during rev and nukie rounds especially appropriate for the captain and other head roles, would be kind of funny.
The captain is generally meant to be directionless. They run the station, they should be telling other people to get their shit done.

That being said, the captain is in the unique position that they can help any department themselves as they see fit, up to and including filling in for a department that's empty.
I know this is not really the case on Classic, but on RP, the captain is the captain, there word is law.

so long as they don't commit treason against NT they can order people to do things, that in its own right is a major power and why on RP they are not able to become almost all the antag roles.
ah, that makes more sense.