Complaint Lack of harshness in bans related to racism/bigotry
The game and surrounding discord and forums are a safe space in so far as we take moderation action against obvious instances of bigotry we come across but, it is still at the end of the day a freely accessible public game. The expectation that every single person you could possibly interact with is not an asshole isn’t something you can really guarantee outside of a closed and vetted community, which Goonstation is decidedly not and has no plans to become one.

I would honestly suggest just playing the game and trying to have fun with fellow players. The alternative is to spend a ton of mental energy anguishing over if anyone you’re running into is secretly a bigot and to just withdraw into a self imposed cocoon of isolation which doesn’t sound terribly appealing to me.

If you run into any seemingly suspect behavior I would strongly encourage you to just report it and move on with your life. We have better tools then the general playerbase does and collective decades of experience in ferreting out bigotry so I would humbly ask you to just trust us to be working to prevent such behavior.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lack of harshness in bans related to racism/bigotry - by Mrfishstick - 07-28-2021, 03:13 PM