Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[MERGED PR] Starstone value reduction
it was bound to happen eventually. but yeah, starstones needed a nerf at some point. This seems like a good spot for it: it's still ridiculous enough to pay for a singularity setup basically on its own, and for one or two to solve the payroll, but you're still gonna need several or an additional revenue source if you want to break into the truly insane numbers. I'm sure theres tweaking that could be done: maybe the average should be slightly lower or higher, or the range should be a bit wider, etc, but generally I agree with the principle behind this change.

as some justification for this, since i agree with it:
lowering the amount starstone can give opens the window to add more avenues of profit to things like botany, where rng results like starstone dont really fit into their gameplay cycle. Additionally, it means mining for materials like syreline and gold is a bit more relevant.

As someone who likes QM, your job was kinda done once miners hit a starstone or two (and you got gragg to show up finally). I'm not going to say I hated this, I love an opportunity to fuck off and have no responsibilities beyond dicking around, but that being said I've seen QMs who really hated the absurd price Starstone scored precisely because it made them feel irrelevant, or made their wheeling and dealing pointless. This is still plenty of fucking money, to be clear, it's just a bit less than the absolutely wild several-million credits.

(07-25-2021, 06:38 AM)BatElite Wrote: The new range of this PR is actually 250k-350k (down from 500k - 4500k)

This was a mistake in their PR commits, the price in the PR is now what they meant it to be, and what is written in the thread.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Starstone value reduction - by Ikea - 07-25-2021, 06:20 AM
RE: [PR] Starstone value reduction - by Katzen - 07-25-2021, 06:23 AM
RE: [PR] Starstone value reduction - by BatElite - 07-25-2021, 06:38 AM
RE: [PR] Starstone value reduction - by mralexs - 07-25-2021, 07:38 AM
RE: [PR] Starstone value reduction - by cyberTripping - 07-25-2021, 10:54 AM
RE: [PR] Starstone value reduction - by Cal - 07-25-2021, 10:58 AM