Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Powergaming & Validhunting
(07-25-2021, 11:56 AM)Technature Wrote: I have a feeling he knows already.

Don't worry too much about it Ali.

Actually I never did discern between them lol, I think pool ones are 40% but normally I just used a welding helmet anyway.
(07-25-2021, 05:48 PM)Souricelle Wrote: You're definitely just fishing for a quote you can try to hold up as a defense when you inevitably go back to your habitual line-stepping. Knock it off.
I can't actually prove my intent with this thread, but I will say there could be two interpretations of what I wanted from it. First I could be trying to twist admin responses to fit my personal needs when/IF I go back to power gaming in RP. Or two, I intend to actually follow the guidelines directly laid out about acquiring cool shit in the game because of an actual sense of "confusion" about what's allowed on RP. 

I felt, wholeheartedly, that the reason I made this thread was so I can be as transparent as possible about my behavior and how to "correct" it. But who knows, maybe deep down in my subconscious, I did just make this thread as a larger casting net of material I can manipulate. Anyway, I believe both interpretations are correct, since I will be using the responses to this thread as a guideline to my “playstyle”, but solely because it was concise enough to not be interpreted any way else and I can make a sort of “rules addendums” out of it. 

Ya know, before this thread I thought I can get stun gloves, spear, or flashes if I was provoked RP-wise into doing so because that’s what I genuinely construed from past admin responses. I can't PROVE that my actual reason for creating this thread wasn't out of malice, but I can say that exposing multiple admins you knew would be pissed if you said, “to what extent can I power game in RP”, to this thread, solely to just exploit their answers, is a bad strategy. It just sucks that both mordent’s and ion’s guidelines were so strict, I really wanted a flash in my pocket in all my RP rounds forever.
(07-24-2021, 08:19 PM)Aligote Wrote: ......Your right, the entire reason I was attracted to RP was only because of the longer running time and less dangerous nature of the servers. RP was the perfect place to horde weapons on, which I took a liking to doing.

I strongly suggest that you will have more fun and less stress on Classic.
2 has classic rules and generally longer rounds, and is generally less dangerous.
I think I'll play more Classic even after being unbanned from RP. It's all I've been on during my banned period and it satisfied my URGES well enough, even if you got interrupted 20 minutes in with nukies, revs, or a certain traitor who brings the station to its knees with his c-saber and treads.
Also, I wish Classic overflow/2 had a larger population, it would have been the ideal server for that kind of play.
Okay, ya see, this entire thread is just a massive red flag to me. You're insisting that you want to enjoy the game's RP servers and you want to abide by the rules. And that you're willing to contribute to some sort of story in the game.

Quote:I felt, wholeheartedly, that the reason I made this thread was so I can be as transparent as possible about my behavior and how to "correct" it.

But at the same time I'm seeing

Quote:ANYWAY, what do ya mean when ya said if it would make sense for my char to have or for me to use against an antag? It should be reasonable to "scavenge around" and find some "neat" things dont ya think?

Quote:It just sucks that both mordent’s and ion’s guidelines were so strict, I really wanted a flash in my pocket in all my RP rounds forever.

This is the biggest thing to me though.

Quote:But who knows, maybe deep down in my subconscious, I did just make this thread as a larger casting net of material I can manipulate.

I mean, hats off to you for admitting the possibility of a problem. If you don't even know if you're going to keep doing the thing that got you in hot water in the first place or not, you should consider following your own advice and sticking to Classic. We're more than happy to welcome you on the other servers, but the Powergaming and quote fishing needs to stop.
Ye, it's like the part of me who wants to be taken seriously and the part who wants to treat this as a JOKE (or just crack some jokes) are completely inseparable. Also, you can trust that I won't be doing anything related to power gaming in RP, "at least for a while never". Solely because I know it will get me into shit in the long run, who really cares if I secretly want to powergame in the less chaotic server at this point, I can't.
i would like to add; you CAN rp in classic! Its encouraged! However there will be a few people who ignore you, but in my experience, my best rounds have been doing RP in classic.
(07-26-2021, 04:22 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: i would like to add; you CAN rp in classic! Its encouraged! However there will be a few people who ignore you, but in my experience, my best rounds have been doing RP in classic.

[Image: ill-take-your-suggestion-into-consideration.jpg]
Here's my view of it.

The best rounds have been the ones where I am utterly fucking helpless and whatever antag is around utterly wrecked my shit.

Getting taken hostage? Wouldn't have happened if I was geared up and ready to fight.

Getting the entire crew of the Manta "Alien'd" by a very fun and effective ling? Wouldn't have been nearly as fun if we were just all armed.