Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Nullification Genes are not compatible with one another
i think thermal resist stopping damage from lasers is probably the most broken of these
maybe if lasers did burn damage that somehow penetrated the resist granted by mutations it'd be better(maybe with reduced damage)? i think stopping other sources of burn like fires, heat, and welders is perfectly reasonable(welders being some of the strongest easily-obtainable melee weapons), and offers a lot of utility in firefighting and engine situations.

smes is strong but it's also strong for antags so it kind of washes out(plus it's very clearly visible on sprites). it also doesn't work against the various stun guns, which seems like a silly handwave since it stops apc jolts and such, but it's still really useful with a clearly defined counter(other sorts of damage).

anaerobic is obv strong but since it doesn't block stuns it is functionally just an increase in health re: crit.

toxic resistance is strong but doesn't prevent non tox damage side effects, and the strongest part of most poison chems is the stuns, not the damage. natural anti-toxins also makes bloodstream healchems less effective. so while you'd have to dose your poisons higher to compensate for it, it's not really that significant.

rad resistance is alright, i guess if you flooded the station with rad particles or bought a radbow(do people even use radbows), you'd be screwed but it's pretty much harmless.
alcohol resistance only matters in a tiny handful of cases(moonshine and otherwise forcing people to drink massive amts of booze), and certain jobs start with it, so it's no big deal imo.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nullification Genes are not compatible with one another - by coolvape - 07-26-2021, 03:08 PM