Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Balance Power Gloves
Alright so, Power gloves, a 6TC traitor item. Revolver, a 6TC traitor item.

Revolver, comes loaded, three spare normal .357 rounds and two AP .357 rounds.
Lethality. 60 damage per bullet, stopped by armor.
Its a gun, instant gratification on use, you know how it works.

Power Gloves. Does not come loaded, cannot be used everywhere. Ammo is infinite as long as power lasts.
Lethality... Where do I even begin? It does a couple hundred burn damage when at 10MW I think? Unsure of gibbing status. Stopped by small rubber gloves on your hands, turning off the engine APC.
The ultimate power of the sith, requires a fair amount of setup to start getting towards "Power Glove Rampage" levels, and is very much so not instant. It also can't hurt everyone. It would be like being able to buy a flamethrower as a syndicate item, but everyone has Fire Resistance from genetics.

Secondary part of Power Gloves, you've likely hotwired the engine and have a few dozen kills on new players or non-gamers who dared to touch a door, who knew doors blew you up?

APC, hotwired, takes work, absolutely no instant gratification, not restricted to the syndicate.
Lethality, does about 25 burn damage, disorients you... goes right through those insulated gloves, KINDA WEIRD. Duke killed folks earlier today with Power Gloves, one person has 2.9m burn damage, I think it was Fleshity Blob (How did the body not turn into dust?) 2.9m Burn damage, but against gloves? Nothing. APC, 25 burn damage... Gloves? Pfft, goes right through.

Opinion. Power Gloves take a LOT of work to setup, but once they are going, they are absolutely the most lethal piece of syndicate hardwareagainst the unprepared. I think honestly, they need a BUFF/NERF.

Buff their ability to harm someone through Insulated gloves, essentially cause the APC zap to effect them. Does 20-30 burn damage, gives the person a 4s disorientation. Reduce the chance to instant gib a body so that folks have a chance to come back to life when zapped. Fuck if I know if you can reduce the scaling nature of the damage of power gloves, you only need 400 damage to kill someone, yet I saw 2.9m, I dunno?
(07-25-2021, 12:52 AM)RGBDeadSilent Wrote: Alright so, Power gloves, a 6TC traitor item. Revolver, a 6TC traitor item.

Revolver, comes loaded, three spare normal .357 rounds and two AP .357 rounds.
Lethality. 60 damage per bullet, stopped by armor.
Its a gun, instant gratification on use, you know how it works.

Power Gloves. Does not come loaded, cannot be used everywhere. Ammo is infinite as long as power lasts.
Lethality... Where do I even begin? It does a couple hundred burn damage when at 10MW I think? Unsure of gibbing status. Stopped by small rubber gloves on your hands, turning off the engine APC.
The ultimate power of the sith, requires a fair amount of setup to start getting towards "Power Glove Rampage" levels, and is very much so not instant. It also can't hurt everyone. It would be like being able to buy a flamethrower as a syndicate item, but everyone has Fire Resistance from genetics.

Secondary part of Power Gloves, you've likely hotwired the engine and have a few dozen kills on new players or non-gamers who dared to touch a door, who knew doors blew you up?

APC, hotwired, takes work, absolutely no instant gratification, not restricted to the syndicate.
Lethality, does about 25 burn damage, disorients you... goes right through those insulated gloves, KINDA WEIRD. Duke killed folks earlier today with Power Gloves, one person has 2.9m burn damage, I think it was Fleshity Blob (How did the body not turn into dust?) 2.9m Burn damage, but against gloves? Nothing. APC, 25 burn damage... Gloves? Pfft, goes right through.

Opinion. Power Gloves take a LOT of work to setup, but once they are going, they are absolutely the most lethal piece of syndicate hardwareagainst the unprepared. I think honestly, they need a BUFF/NERF.

Buff their ability to harm someone through Insulated gloves, essentially cause the APC zap to effect them. Does 20-30 burn damage, gives the person a 4s disorientation. Reduce the chance to instant gib a body so that folks have a chance to come back to life when zapped. Fuck if I know if you can reduce the scaling nature of the damage of power gloves, you only need 400 damage to kill someone, yet I saw 2.9m, I dunno?

Pretty sure I've heard that gibbing chance is 20%
Yup, once you pass 100 burn damage, it is a non-scaling flat 20% chance to gib, iirc.
Oughta make it where the gloves have a charge you build up by draining things of power. Go around grabbing APCs and sucking the juice out of them, or pulling up the floor tiles and grabbing the wires.

Give it a few options with intents, where you can do stunning zaps with disarm that use a bit of charge, or blow your entire charge with harm. Help could let you defib yourself and others, maybe grab remotely drains things for less charge?
lmao insuls protect against power gloves? i feel like that makes absolutely 0 sense, are the power gloves an amped up joybuzzer and you're shaking their hand to zap them? they're like, arcing electricity at someone. I think insuls shouldn't protect from power gloves at all. insuls should protect from like, door shocks and shocks from things you touch, not arcs of electricity flying through the air(although maybe make it so you can block those arcs by wearing insuls and "blocking"?)
(07-25-2021, 11:50 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Oughta make it where the gloves have a charge you build up by draining things of power. Go around grabbing APCs and sucking the juice out of them, or pulling up the floor tiles and grabbing the wires.

Give it a few options with intents, where you can do stunning zaps with disarm that use a bit of charge, or blow your entire charge with harm. Help could let you defib yourself and others, maybe grab remotely drains things for less charge?

I mean, its a WYCI moment, but my opinion about Power Gloves is that the SMES units should be your ammo.

Increase the charge rate of SMES units, because they cap out at 200kW (Which is pitiful) and bump it up to at least the MW range.

Good Engineers would know where each power grid is so that they can know how many times they can use their power gloves. Promotes a cross-Mechanics job idea to construct additional SMES units in the system.

Do it like this, and you can still zap someone regardless of how GOOD you did the engine, and even the Singularity or Vent Capture units could benefit from power gloves, but you also can't shoot your power gloves for forever like now, you'd have to wait for the SMES unit to recharge. Of course, if you have a crazy engine going, you could instantly recharge your SMES units and become Palpatine as standard.
Personally I think incorporating SMES units into the list of things to do in order to power glove rampages might make it too much work to build more SMES units. It already takes 45 minutes to get the engine to rampage level, and now you would have to build more SMES units?

Personally I don’t think there’s much use in adding an APC zap effect to insulated victims, since disarm is fixed now. How long does the disarm stun for? In my opinion it should be long enough to go up to someone and pin them down or remove their gloves for a more secure kill.