Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer fun things
Idea,

Make a fortune command for the crew computers using viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1525

Basically fortune is a unix command that pulls quotes out of text files.

In addition I think being able to type things in a owl style cowsay could be hilarious.
This is a good suggestion. The computers need more uses besides email gimmicks.
I suggest we add a few online stores aslo. Have these stores sell everything from semi-useless weapons to gimmicky clothing all at extremely high prices.
epicdwarf Wrote:This is a good suggestion. The computers need more uses besides email gimmicks.
I suggest we add a few online stores aslo. Have these stores sell everything from semi-useless weapons to gimmicky clothing all at extremely high prices.

If this means that the stores would send crates to QM that are card-locked for the buyer, that would be awesome.
That is a possibility, but that would also clog up QM's covanterbelts. What if they were just teleported in through the station teleporter?
epicdwarf Wrote:That is a possibility, but that would also clog up QM's covanterbelts. What if they were just teleported in through the station teleporter?
Nah, it gives the QMs something to do.
Can I buy stock?
Hokie Wrote:Can I buy stock?
A stock market would be awesome, you could get a little bit of income with the stocks that you purchased on payday depending how well they are doing, you can also stick around and just buy/sell stocks (if you are into that kind of thing. v )
Lavastage Wrote:
Hokie Wrote:Can I buy stock?
A stock market would be awesome, you could get a little bit of income with the stocks that you purchased on payday depending how well they are doing, you can also stick around and just buy/sell stocks (if you are into that kind of thing. v )

I can see it already - three assistants all named Gordon Gekko fighting over the two computers in Crew Quarters.
If I invest in Funk Intergalactic during a nuke round can I discretely obstruct security in order to increase the value of my portfolio?
If being a huge jerk weren't frowned upon if not against the rules, stock prices would be a great reason to disrupt the round.
Actually, now that you mention it the traitors/operatives should get sometimes get "raise our stock price by x spacebucks" as an objective.
Ordering really dumb stuff on PC's and having fully fledged stock markets sound like glorious ideas.

Maybe players can have their own online shops? Instead of bomb shops in the market, you can get them by mail order? Perhaps the HoP stepped out 5 minutes into the round, but before leaving, he put up a bunch of ID's of varying access on Space-Ebay?

As for the stock market, I can see a bunch of dumb stock market/Wall Street jokes/gimmicks, which isn't really bad. Maybe one of those maintenance rooms above the bar can be turned into a small trading floor with monitors and stuff like that?
We're fucking calling it ASSDAQ
Not to mention the MEOW-JONES
There really needs to be an online black market so Gannon can sell off his pipebombs, IDs, and Mellow Rellos for some pocket cash.