Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wizard hats
1) Wizard hats should be immune to acid like all the other essential antag shit is

2) Apprentice hats, paper hats, plunger hats, syndicate hats, cowboy hats, and any other pseudo-magical hat should work as a wizard hat 50% of the time, so if you lose your hat you still have a shot at getting away if you're quick.

3) post other funny hats
obsidian crown 100% of the time
iirc when antag hats were made acidproof wizard hats were deliberately not included because being able to destroy wizard hats with acid is a deliberate balance choice.

But that was before a lot of the more powerful wizard spells got nerfed so making hats acidproof might be a good idea now
Wizards suck shit now compared to how they used to be yeah so maybe a non security crew member shouldnt be able to click them once and render them helpless
Give top hats work at 50% power. Capes should also work as a 50% bonus if they somehow lose all their robes (or just want to be stylish~)
yesss
I'm still waiting on some knight in shining armor to rework acid melts into being a status effect on items which will melt melt the object over a few seconds. Thus allowing a bit of counterplay to being hit in the face with acid.
(07-19-2021, 08:36 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I'm still waiting on some knight in shining armor to rework acid melts into being a status effect on items which will melt melt the object over a few seconds. Thus allowing a bit of counterplay to being hit in the face with acid.

This is already a thing now
I just hate how easy it is for chemists to literally delete a person with just a glass full of chems that they can throw across the screen instantly
(07-19-2021, 10:44 PM)RichardGere Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 08:36 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I'm still waiting on some knight in shining armor to rework acid melts into being a status effect on items which will melt melt the object over a few seconds. Thus allowing a bit of counterplay to being hit in the face with acid.

This is already a thing now

Ok. Well now I know that.
I really like the idea of alternative cheapo robes and hats. Makes the acid counterplay a lot more fair
(07-20-2021, 07:51 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I just hate how easy it is for chemists to literally delete a person with just a glass full of chems that they can throw across the screen instantly

how someone throwing an open container full of liquid at someone without spilling at least half of the liquid on themselves and the floor in the area around them baffles me
(07-20-2021, 09:42 AM)NOOT Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 07:51 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I just hate how easy it is for chemists to literally delete a person with just a glass full of chems that they can throw across the screen instantly

how someone throwing an open container full of liquid at someone without spilling at least half of the liquid on themselves and the floor in the area around them baffles me

Good point. Maybe there should be a good chance the chem gets splashed on the person throwing as well
(07-20-2021, 10:11 AM)KikiMofo Wrote:

Good point. Maybe there should be a good chance the chem gets splashed on the person throwing as well

I see a lot of potential here. You could adjust rates dependent on container type (a bottle vs a glass or beaker) and I can think of instances where throwing it and leaving a trail of spilled fluids along the toss path would be a desired outcome
(07-20-2021, 10:29 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 10:11 AM)KikiMofo Wrote:

I see a lot of potential here. You could adjust rates dependent on container type (a bottle vs a glass or beaker) and I can think of instances where throwing it and leaving a trail of spilled fluids along the toss path would be a desired outcome

Stronger acids could melt whatever their container is in, IE backpacks and jumpsuits. Lids could be added to safely transport chems in beakers too