Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Mining PDA idea
right now, miners are one of. if not the only role in the game with out a PDA function.
the idea I had was make there miner PDA also have a geological scanner built in, but I want to what other people think.
That'd be wonderful. Maybe a Geiger counter too..
Just makes sense honestly.
Not sure about the scanner. It does sorta fit into the PDA in lore terms that it's a sensor, but that kinda removes the need to use the geo scanner at all which only sees use in mining; so that would make it dead content. I don't think everything for jobs needs to br crammed into the pda. Maybe if it was a downgrade of the geo scanner, but I don't have any ideas for how that would work.

I think the geiger counter is a pretty good one. Either as a program or a module, nor sure which.
Make it so that the program/scanner for the geological scanner only displays either the overlay or the info that shows up in the text feed; not both. Not sure which would be best.
I've always thought the profits from the RockBox should be used to get upgrades for mining. A geiger module would be a great basic one.
(07-19-2021, 12:05 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: Not sure about the scanner. It does sorta fit into the PDA in lore terms that it's a sensor, but that kinda removes the need to use the geo scanner at all which only sees use in mining; so that would make it dead content. I don't think everything for jobs needs to br crammed into the pda. Maybe if it was a downgrade of the geo scanner, but I don't have any ideas for how that would work.

I think the geiger counter is a pretty good one. Either as a program or a module, nor sure which.

+1 for Geiger counter.

Geo scanner is already half-dead with the mineral magnet's far superior scanner, which kinda killed most other mining methods as well unless you're playing on Oshan.
(07-21-2021, 10:53 AM)MoonJesus Wrote: Geo scanner is already half-dead with the mineral magnet's far superior scanner, which kinda killed most other mining methods as well unless you're playing on Oshan.

Remove the Mining Magnet 2Day
I really thought this was already the case.