HoS app for Hans
Usual character name: Hans Mann
BYOND username: Colossusqw
Discord username (if you are on our discord): colossusqw
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: 3 and 4
Reason for application:
I really enjoy playing security and things always tend to go smoother when there's a HoS around to keep track of things and make sure the team is well coordinated and properly dealing with antag/non antag matters. It's always great to have support from someone you know knows what they are doing, and I want to be able to be that person for my fellow officers and everybody else. Also HoS fashion.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I have been playing for about a year now, most of that time i have spent on goon RP. I used to play sec a bit, and as time went on, i started playing it more and more, and today is one of my favorite roles. When sec assistants were introduced i spent a while doing desk work for security, setting arrests the officers asked for on the radio and coordinating with the team was a blast. Nowadays most of the time my job preferences are set to security officer at high priority.

I have learnt from my time playing as secoff in the RP servers that a good officer should always interact with people, i always try to engage in people in an interesting way, talk to someone and try to avoid having to physicaly stop them unless it is absolutely necessary. Expecialy on the RP servers, conversation goes a long way in defusing situations and keeping things in check. Nobody enjoys it when your gimmick in the making is cut short by a silent officer with a baton, so a good security team that will not overstep their boundaries, while still keeping things in check is essential for good RP.

Whenever i play a quieter shift that doesn't require constant running around trying to deal with a lot of stuff at once, i'll always have the Ticket Master tool open, ready to drown any unsuspecting victim in tickets, but if there is stuff happening i'm always with my eyes on the radio chat, ready to run somewhere if i'm needed. Admittedly i am not the fastest writer, as english is not my native language, but i am miles ahead of what i was a year ago, mainly thanks to my time on the servers.

All in all, being a security officer is an amazing job that lets you interact with most people in a single shift, and I have gotten a lot from it so far. Playing as antagonists, my shifts have always been better with good security willing to play into my gimmicks and RP, so I try to be that kind of security for others.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    If you see the contraband marker on someone, ask what they think it is. Things can go much better if they show you what it is instead if you end up having to search them for something that ends up not being actually dangerous. "Hey, you seem to have contraband on you! Any idea what it might be?" is a way more chill way to approach someone to "You have contraband, I gotta search you.". Also, avoid taking away contraband just for the sake of it being contraband, if something is dangerous sure, but RP it out and see where it goes first.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    I was in a conspiracy with some new people, we met at the chapel and one of our guys was cutting the cams out of paranoia. Security was notified, one officer came and said "hello", and the guy just freaked out, yelled "SEC" and jumped out of the coffin ejector. I have not yet seen someone more terrified of security.
    Once I was kidnapped as a security officer, taken to the diner and held hostage. The kidnapper told sec i'd die if they didn't get what they wanted in 10 minutes, but they were already super overwhelmed, so there was little hope of Hans being rescued. There was some great dramatic roleplay as Hans slowly realized no rescue was coming, the dynamic good that the kidnapper missed their shot when the deadline came and told me to get my stuff and run.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
It doesn't change that much, I walk around, pay attention to the radio, and sprint to wherever i'm called. Being the only secoff tends to only happen when i'm playing lowpop, so its generally chiller, i get to enjoy talking at the bar, doing stupid tickets, but if stuff goes on you always have to be ready.

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
           I ticketed the mime
          Making weed was the crime
          They rolled it into a joint
          And i though “what's the point”
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
  • Draw a picture!
[Image: DoMdxVF.png]
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Banned from all servers by ursulamajor, reason: Forcefed someone a deadly pill as a non antagonist. Attempted to laser a bunch of people as a non antagonist. On the RP server no less. You weren't around to be talked to, so please write an appeal on our unban appeal subforum (https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=4) to get this ban lifted. Oct 17 2020 3:52am.
(I was a not a great player when i started, and i got a bunch of notes in 2020, it's been a while since i've had any problems of the sort though.)
You seem like you understand what being an officer is all about, and what practices are acceptable, and what isn't. But, I lack experience with you as security. If I see you more rounds as sec, I will be sure to update my comment. But for now, I will remain neutral on this application.
Hi, we decided to deny this application for now, due to lack of positive feedback from the community. Feel free to reapply in 60 days from now!