Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Add more Cyborg docking stations to Donut3
This map seems to really be lacking spare cyborg recharge stations.  Usually there's a spare one around most maint tunnels, but had a hard time finding one last round outside robotics.
Yeah Donut3 seems to just have the robotics lab stations.
IIRC, there is one charging dock in tool storage south of the mechanics lab and another one in a bathroom stall in the south part of the station. That being said, more chargers would be nice. Not like donut3 maintenance doesn't have the space for them.
From an RP perspective, it's kind of nice to rely on robotics. But considering it's the largest station right now with barely any rechargers, it's quite an annoyance. Especially if you're trying to heal up from fighting a blob or such.
there is at least one recharger in the wash room between medbay and the bridge.
Looks like there's 8 on station:

-2 in robotics
-crew lounge
-maint near the ranch
-top stall of the toilets
-tool storage
-AI sat
-gym

I think the civilian part of the station is fairly well served, what about the rest?

-Mining maybe? Decently close to tool storage but miner borgs might as well have a dedicated unit.
-Escape? There's none between the ranch and the south end of  engineering
-Somewhere around south sec or disposals? The southwest quarter of the station is serviced by the bathroom which is more or less hidden, but then that part of the station doens't have places you hang around for very long.
-Sci lobby?
Mining very much should have one. If nothing else, put it in the nano-crucible room for easier public access.

I'd put one above arrivals. And one near escape would also be good for last minute healing/recharge before heading home. Now that singulos don't do EMP's, I'd also stash one closer to the actual engine room.

Disposals area would likely be a good spot. There's a bunch of maint tunnels on the left side that would make a good home.

Sci has that little storeroom no one uses. It'd be a good spot, but possibly not noticed. The sci lobby is huge and wouldn't be ruined by a recharger out there.

Security or that hub right outside might be a handy location.

More. MORE. MOAR!!!
make a whole station out of docking stations.
(07-19-2021, 10:25 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote: make a whole station out of docking stations.

Crusher walls button but with docking stations

THere is already one above/near arrivals, that's the crew lounge one.
(07-19-2021, 01:22 PM)BatElite Wrote: Looks like there's 8 on station:

-2 in robotics
-crew lounge
-maint near the ranch
-top stall of the toilets
-tool storage
-AI sat
-gym

I think the civilian part of the station is fairly well served, what about the rest?

-Mining maybe? Decently close to tool storage but miner borgs might as well have a dedicated unit.
-Escape? There's none between the ranch and the south end of  engineering
-Somewhere around south sec or disposals? The southwest quarter of the station is serviced by the bathroom which is more or less hidden, but then that part of the station doens't have places you hang around for very long.
-Sci lobby?

Thats a lot more than I thought. Maybe its just because Donut3 is big and thats why I never noticed that many?
I think Clarion has a dock in the bathroom, which I think is just generally a good place for docks
More docking stations in general on all maps would be nice for people who don't regularly play borgs or who are new.  I know I have a lot of trouble finding them on basically every map that isn't Cog1.

(Most maps could also use more drone chargers but that's a different issue I guess.)