Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PDAs with pens at roundstart
So, now that we've got pen slots in our PDAs, I figured that maybe it'd be neat for some or all roles to start out with some sorta writing implement.

• Since Sci starts with something to write with anyway, they could definitely have their pens in their PDAs at roundstart.
  • Because cigarettes fit in the slots, I think it'd be rather funny for the Det to start with one.
  • Maybe give a few head roles fancy pens to start with?
While I dream of having everyone start off with pens so that we can reach parity with other SS13 servers, I also know that it's not something universally supported. So, do let me know of your thoughts on this. holy dance
Sounds good. Yes to all of this, honestly.
Do this so I can yell at people for not having their pens when I'm HoP.
Clown has a piece of candy in it.
(07-18-2021, 01:12 PM)Brixx79 Wrote: Clown has a piece of candy in it.

Or a crayon?
I just like the idea of "We gave you a piece of hi-tech equipment for free and you... stuck a piece of candy in it?"
Honestly i see little downside with giving basically everyone some form of writting implement
(07-18-2021, 01:44 PM)Brixx79 Wrote: I just like the idea of "We gave you a piece of hi-tech equipment for free and you... stuck a piece of candy in it?"

The functionality for that isn't there, but I also thought of a few things along this line.
  • Maybe make crayons edible if you're a clown?
  • Candy cigarettes as clown kit?
+1

I can now do paperwork as HoP without people stealing my pens.

Also it would be neat to hide a sleepy pen in there, save a pocket space, it’s just a little more work to get it out, but good to hide one.
(07-19-2021, 04:28 AM)Jakson Wrote: Also it would be neat to hide a sleepy pen in there, save a pocket space, it’s just a little more work to get it out, but good to hide one.

I think admins said no to this. Herb did put the idea forward
I haven't ever put a pen in a pda so idk what it does to the UI, but assuming that its addition to the UI is pretty unintrusive to general PDA use, I don't really see an issue.
(07-19-2021, 07:25 AM)Cal Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 04:28 AM)Jakson Wrote: Also it would be neat to hide a sleepy pen in there, save a pocket space, it’s just a little more work to get it out, but good to hide one.

I think admins said no to this. Herb did put the idea forward

No, actually, sleepy pens work. The blacklist was removed. Poggers.