Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Stop forcing restart on small blob death
It's pretty common for blobs to get found fairly early and wiped out. Since the game now automatically generates new antags if the old ones are dead, we should remove the round restart on blob death so that we have fewer 12 minute rounds, that way people's weird obsessive genetics projects won't get derailed as often.

[Image: b1VOuHE.jpg]
Don't worry, I rated the thread for you, because this sounds great to me.
I agree except for the genetics part. Fuck genetics nerds!
Just going to pop in with my additional idea on top of this: if all blobs are dead it would be neat if a late join antag was a slightly powered up blob. Spawns with a few upgrades already activated just to give it a slight head start on a crew that's already geared for fighting blobs.

Either way good idea thread.
I think it would be better to just pull from a randomized list (which I suppose could include blobs?) because if people know what to expect they'll stomp whatever it is.
This is likely a design holdover from when chemistry could easily oneshot blob cores by getting a pitcher and filling it up with flurosulfuric acid. Pair that with a fact that heat shield would completely nullify a blobs attacks, this made early stage blobs very very weak. With the chem nerfs this holdover is unlikely to be neccesary.
Late spawn blob with GUN
IMO blob rounds should only continue after blob death if NT automatically blows up genetics and botany on blob death on the grounds that anyone in there when the blob died wasn't helping fight the blob and consequently did not deserve to live.
Can agree, quick blob rounds need to not instantly end. The only issue is semi-long blob rounds, where the blob hasn't won, but the station is in shambles and a large number of crew are dead. These need a shuttle call as soon as the blob is dead.

Maybe if the blob is alive long enough, as soon as the blob is dead, no antag spawns and just an instant shuttle call.
We could put an invisible timer in the game.

Say after maybe half an hour, either the game works as it currently does or the shuttle is called as soon as the last nucleus is down.
A fair idea ive heard is disable shuttle call and something similar to long rev rounds, to where 40-50 minutes in nt decides to firebomb the station to kill all biological organisms inside, killing everyone there.
Alternatively, buff Blobs early on but announce them like Nukies on a small delay ("Extremely hostile expanding lifeform detected, all crew fight it yada yada"). Blobs usually win when like three quarters of the crew doesn't even know they're there (despite constant radio announcements) and it would make blobs more of a station-ending threat. I mean, it already is, the crew usually just doesn't realize it.
Super hot. It's annoying knowing we're just gonna win and restart. Having to switch gears between fighting blob and then traitors/lings, that feels great.