Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Re-add frog and cats to stable mutagen pool
These were added to the stable mutagen blacklist for seemingly no reason, as the list was created to prevent powergaming (shamblers werewolves etc)

There is no powergaming motive for being a frog, and cat was only added because of a cat orb in yasss's office- this should be removed and this regression reverted.
no
No Fun Allowed ™
No Fun Allowed ™
Does the change also affect shelterfrogs?? Or only the normal frogs?
Haha, EMAGed Hypospray with stable mutagen and cat blood go brrr
Understand it was getting run into the ground by some players.
Mhm. I don't know too much about it, saw some players just getting turned into frogs/cats.
Don't know how it was administered but one moment they're human, the next they lose all their stuff and they're just a frog now.

While I concede this is probably fun if you're chugging down random drunks at the bar, expecting to die,
when some player is running around forcing this on you, it's probably not as fun.
I mean, isn't mewtini and sheltestgrog supposed to be the actual way of turning people into cats and frogs, respectively?
This is specifically about the frog mutant race and not the actual frog critter
(07-15-2021, 09:25 AM)Katzen Wrote: Understand it was getting run into the ground by some players.

Aren't the same players not just going to run the next thing into the ground...leading to another removal which affects everyone, but halts just the same hooligans for merely a few days?

When will everything will be removed so nothing can be run into the ground? Removing the ground could help.
The fact that you could turn other people into cats was unintended behavior. This wasn't a "thing" being removed, this was an admin-only thing being restored to admin-only status.

Being able to stable mutagen people into frogs was debilitating and unbalanced. Sometimes, balance changes happen. Sorry.
Actually the frogs thing was mostly to keep frog mutantrace less common
May we ask why the frog-person is supposed to be less common? It's a gimmick I like and would appreciate being able to use more (without being constantly drunk)
frog mutantrace is a diplomat-only one (like blob and martian), and will currently remain that way barring possible future content that involves frogs in more detail
shelterfrog mutantrace is a joke attached to a secret chem, with an intended method of making it permanent. SM was not that method.