Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mindslave Cloner wasnt Buffed Enuff
Yeah There was a buff reducing the TC cost of both versions of the mindslave cloner by 1, in order to fit extra traitor items, but I don’t think reducing it by one was enough

Not sure if I’m right but I heard mindslave cloner stuff was pretty low on the traitor purchase list, so here’s an idea I posted but didn’t get much attention on the PR page of the last buff

Axe out the singular 6 TC module entirely, and lower the full kit to 7 TC, the old cost of the module. A signal jammer is very important if you want to mindslave people secretly, otherwise any competent sec will call everything out, and then everyone will know where your cloner is, and that he is a mindslave. Now, you could just build one with mechanic lab stuff and buy the single module, but nobody wants to spend 1/6 of their round (on main) just building a new cloner and getting it all set up. It should be a fast process, to allow more creative freedom for the traitor. I don’t think decreasing it by 1 point will make it more popular of a purchase 

Poke holes in my idea please
If he is a mindslave already he is not supposed to call out that there is a mindslave cloner.
(07-13-2021, 08:42 AM)GORE Wrote: If he is a mindslave already he is not supposed to call out that there is a mindslave cloner.

But meanwhile I’m murdering a security officer, he’s bound to call for help on radio if he’s even slightly competent.
Git gud.
(07-13-2021, 09:14 AM)GORE Wrote: Git gud.

But it’s literally impossible to gank a security officer without them calling for help on radio
murder them away from the cloner
Instead of “git gud” ideas, someone explain how this change would make some traitor weapon combinations unbalanced.

(07-13-2021, 09:26 AM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: murder them away from the cloner

Security calls for help, more security arrive, AI comes over, you get owned
take their headset when they call it out, move

oh and i dont know if i need to say this, dont make your cloner setup on station.
(07-13-2021, 09:36 AM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: take their headset when they call it out, move

oh and i dont know if i need to say this, dont make your cloner setup on station.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I never have time to take off the headset before they call for help, I’m usually too busy trying to drag the body into maintenance, away from any suspecting passerby’s . But what would become unbalanced by this change?
the single module is nice so a staffie cant walk up and steal it if you go through the effort of making your own cloner; atleast if they do you can replace it.
(07-13-2021, 09:42 AM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote: the single module is nice so a staffie cant walk up and steal it if you go through the effort of making your own cloner; atleast if they do you can replace it.

Odds are, if a staffie stole the module, you’re already screwed from the start, most people would spend the rest of their TC on other things.

And the idea is to build it off station, like you said, so a staffie won’t come up and do that
Buy a jammer, or incapacitate them. Hell, you can do a big perfloudiriciicin shot with a hypospray so they can't yell. Cloner's very good now.
this could work with a slight buff to the cost of the module to something like 9
(07-13-2021, 10:10 AM)Cal Wrote: Buy a jammer, or incapacitate them. Hell, you can do a big perfloudiriciicin shot with a hypospray so they can't yell. Cloner's very good now.

Here’s the problem, the current kit doesn’t let me buy a jammer, too expensive. I would love to use a jammer, but too expensive
I would be down for making the kit 9 as to afford a jammer tbh