Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
quivering contusine chem change?
what would be a good change for quivering contusine to get chem wise? histamine is an awful chem replacement for it to receive after its nerf, and do you all thing it should have a different chem, or remain the same as is?
Itching powder would make sense. Ants would be hilarious.

The silver lining with meth peanut nerf was that you can now hotbox skinpen capulettium. Prior to that change, there were no skinpen chems in botany except morphine which is way too slow. Maybe losing curare is not that bad now. After that nerf the best toxbox botany had was the omega weed which was super sad.

Histamine is useless garbage and I don't care if there are like 1 guy with hyperallergic trait on station. It is still garbage.
How about we just push histamine from say 10 to 25 units absorbed per touch reaction? With an OD of 40u, I think that it might make histamine a fair bit more dangerous.
Yeah histamine is really weak. Formaldehyde is more dangerous and thats hardly top of the hellchem list - histamine is 10% chance of 1 brute and 5% of 2. Formaldehyde is a straight 1+ tox and touch penetrating.

Even if there was a way to make histamine easily in chem it wouldn't see much use. Any fatal sized dose would have worked better off with like any of the conventionally used poisons.

Maybe flip it to formaldehyde? it has a 10% chance of decaying into histamine anyway. Its not too OP but not quite so weak. Buffing histamine could work but it would make bees more dangerous.
I mean, histamine is a neat chem and its the only way to mass produce it, if you want better poisons maybe just add another plant that contains poison?
But why? Why would anyone want to mass produce histamine? Literally the only thing it does is potentially kill people and it doesn't even do that well unless people opt-in with a trait. Even if it is used in a secret chem do we really want a whole plant basically dedicated to making that chem easier to mass produce and potentially abuse? There a ton of chems that are difficult to mass produce that run the gamut of dangerous, useful, or funny. Why pick histamine?

If you're going to swap curare out with histamine at least make histamine be useful in some kind of non-secret way where the ability of botany to mass produce it might actually matter.
Histamine is one of the most lethal poisons in the game in a large enough quantity, IIRC.
The thing is though that it's difficult to actually poison people with large quantities of chems. 50 u and under is ideal because of sleepy pens. 100 u is the max capacity for force feeding via a pill but at that point you are no longer in stealth mode and there's a lot of other murder methods to compete with both in terms of efficacy and fun. Double penning people is an option but it's a hassle when murder is easily possible with just 1 stab, if I'm going to double pen someone it better be to create a reaction in their blood that's funny.

I mean, I dunno. I would just feel a heck of a lot better about the change if histamine had a non-secret use beyond being an incredibly niche poison, or if it just had some other non-poisonous chem that might actually be useful or entertaining. When I hear about someone going on a murderboning spree or doing something cool thanks to mass producing histamine I'll change my tune.