Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test rooms and lings.
This is probably destined to fall down to the depths of the suggestion forum as most idea's but I'll throw it out anyway.
I was thinking of a way that lings could be used in the test chamber for experimenting (rather than the test chamber being used for bombs and what not) and here's two idea's speciically for lings:

1) Like holy water to vampire, unstable mutagen to a ling effects them differently. It forces them to shuffle their
appearance randomly of those they absorbed, at the cost of no dna. This does not work when the ling is dead.

Now your probably wondering why this is any use, until you realize

2)The blood drawn from the ling used to create stable mutagen now can be used to clone the victim the ling was appearing as.
The stable mutagen is simply injected in a dead host (a left-over cadaver from robotics/genetics, or if you know how
through chemistry, or through murdering shitty bill, OR bodies may be generated from petri dishes whenever pathology is introduced) and cloned.

The advantages are clear: People won't outright murder the ling, they'll attempt to contain it and experiment on it, thus the ling has a playing card in this.
The test chamber will have a new cool function, and that surgery bed will have a newer meaning. That and people have a chance to be cloned once absorbed. Of course this could go horribly wrong, the ling could escape and eat the cloned individuals and everyone else for that matter, but that's the beauty of it.
That sounds neat. Anything that gives more reasons to capture antags instead of outright murdering them is always welcomed in my book. Also this will finally give the testing chamber a use rather than a place to grief horribly or do small gimmicks. If the lings blood reacts differently to an assortment of chems that would also add alot more to science.
Wrazzy Wrote:Anything that gives more reasons to capture antags instead of outright murdering them is always welcomed in my book.

Same here. I like the idea, but I barely ever even see the test chamber used. Maybe a similar room could be added to the brig, like the old gas chamber, with an operating table and such.
Jerkops Wrote:
Wrazzy Wrote:Anything that gives more reasons to capture antags instead of outright murdering them is always welcomed in my book.

Same here. I like the idea, but I barely ever even see the test chamber used. Maybe a similar room could be added to the brig, like the old gas chamber, with an operating table and such.

Jerkops Wrote:

Unnecessary. My idea actually came into play when I realised there's actually a disposal chute from brig to the test room, so whoever put that there obviously wanted you to transfer what ever alien-like antagonist security has captured to the science wing for testing.
And adding a test room to security is a bit out of place, it's not security's job to test things. It's scientists, and as far as i'm concerned once an alien antagonist has been transported to the test room restrained, they're in the (badly equipped or excellently equipped, depending) hands of the scientists.
Addendum: This could be used with different antagonists as well.
As suggested by wrazzy, ling blood could be of great benefit, but how about wizard blood instead? We all know that the body in this game acts as a container, so how about the wizards spawns with Wizoglobin (totally magical hemoglobin) which could make ~3 powerful chems?
With a werewolf, if you medical scan him, you'll notice he is diseased (this already happens). Bringing him to a test chamber means you could potentially find a cure for his werewolfism through pathology (or you could make him worse)
Vampires can be just sent to the test chambers to be gassed because fuck vampires.
Sundance Wrote:Addendum: This could be used with different antagonists as well.
As suggested by wrazzy, ling blood could be of great benefit, but how about wizard blood instead? We all know that the body in this game acts as a container, so how about the wizards spawns with Wizoglobin (totally magical hemoglobin) which could make ~3 powerful chems?
With a werewolf, if you medical scan him, you'll notice he is diseased (this already happens). Bringing him to a test chamber means you could potentially find a cure for his werewolfism through pathology (or you could make him worse)
Vampires can be just sent to the test chambers to be gassed because fuck vampires.
I would love to see a wizard work out a deal with a chemist to sell him his blood in order to have him produce horrible chemicals to be used for golems.
Preid Wrote:I would love to see a wizard work out a deal with a chemist to sell him his blood in order to have him produce horrible chemicals to be used for golems.

Someone was banned for providing the Wizard with chems, I highly doubt that will be allowed.

And the proper way to revive husks is strange reagent. Cloning? Pffft. Weak.
Here's a funny thing. There was once a non traitor-captain who captured a changeling and fed him random crewmembers until he was full.
I like this idea, but when all the bodies are cloned (which probably won't ever happen), the ling will get killed anyway.