Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Tactical Janitor Nukie Class
Somebodies gotta wipe up the mess.. 
Equipped with a special 'Janitorial Combat Dress' and 'Janitor Combat Helmet', which automatically cleans all blood gotten onto the person, and 'Combat Galoshes' which are.. yeah, combat galoshes. Their 'weapon' is a self synthesizing sprayer with a 5 tile radius, that cleans both blood, blood puddles, and bullet casings (somehow). They have a few secondaries, them being: A trashbag that can fit bodies in it, a vacuum specifically meant for cleaning miasma out of the air, and a pistol for self defense reasons.
Sounds funny but overall not useful--Their main weapon being galoshes that clean, they won't be able to contribute to their team's objective much with that.

In reality, their main weapon would be whatever they chose for their sidearm.
If this were more like a weaponized janitor, spraying lube and acid everywhere as a sort of non-incendiary version of the pyro class, then I think this could work, though that opens the door to lots of accidentally fucking over your fellow nukies with lube. Though, using acid to melt the gear of the crew would be very useful.
Surely it's the nuke that cleans the mess

the mess is the station
I don't remember the janitor in team fortress 2
(07-11-2021, 11:41 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I don't remember the janitor in team fortress 2

But you do remember the sandwich

Add sandwich nukie
play of the game

*cuts to janitor cleaning up 5 puddles of vomit/blood at once

in all seriousness encouraging people to goof off and not actually try to be an antagonist is bad game design
(07-11-2021, 03:28 PM)unfunnyperson Wrote: play of the game

*cuts to janitor cleaning up 5 puddles of vomit/blood at once

in all seriousness encouraging people to goof off and not actually try to be an antagonist is bad game design

Eh, I wouldn't say bad game design.  If the majority of people are having fun, then I suppose let em.  I do see how being a Nukie makes it a bit less agreeable to goof off than say, being a clown traitor and such, though.  However, I personally have found gimmicks to be one of the great staying factors and roleplaying opportunities present in the wonderful mess of a game SS13, the only game that lets you graft clown shoes onto people's feet and have that be your grand diabolical plan.

In my humble, and not at all important opinion, just because you are an antagonist, doesn't mean you have to act antagonistically.  It is very possibly to be friendly while also working against the station, or just having fun with it.  Nukies though have much less leeway with gimmicks though, so I suppose all I have just written does not matter in this case, oh well.
[Image: 4nbu88.png]
Idea: The janitor nukie is like the clown, doomed to fail, but prehaps, when the stars align and great robustness lies in their souls, They shall achieve success