Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Pod stuff
Suggestions:

1) Can we add pod bay access to Engineers as well? Engineers have access to space suits but not access to the pod bays to build one.

2) Expanding the size of the primary pod bay.

3) Adding a general manufacturer to the inner pod bay.

4) Expand the pod hangar for the Mining Outpost.
Quote:1) Can we add pod bay access to Engineers as well? Engineers have access to space suits but not access to the pod bays to build one.
Quote:3) Adding a general manufacturer to the inner pod bay.
Yes. It'll stop engineers from hacking in anyway, and besides most peeps just use the back entrance (including assistants)
Quote:2) Expanding the size of the primary pod bay.
Quote:4) Expand the pod hangar for the Mining Outpost.
Nah. Both are pretty big as is, especially the primary pod bay.

5: Give meson upgrade for the pods, maybe as an upgrade of a sensor? Currently people don't actually use the pod for mining that much as it can be a pain in the ass ejecting yourself then re-entering the pod.
Sundance Wrote:5: Give meson upgrade for the pods, maybe as an upgrade of a sensor? Currently people don't actually use the pod for mining that much as it can be a pain in the ass ejecting yourself then re-entering the pod.
ACTUALLY...
You know that one sensor system at mining, lying on the table next to the pod bay? I believe I stuck it into the pod once and it was a Meson Scanner for pods. At least, I think it was that one.
We need a pod upgrade that allows more people to ride in pods! Also, some sort of taxi ticker would be a nice upgrade.
The industrial pod(mining) allows for four people, compared to the normal two.

I do seem to recall once getting a replacement pod that had yellow and white armor because Cogwerks forgot to put my old one in nuetral and let it escape out a podbay. It was probably the beta version of the industrial armor, though a civilian transport pod would be interesting as well. Have it require only basic minerals to make, be as slow as an industrial pod but as weak as a civilian. Great for shuttling a group of explorers to and from Hemera and other areas.
Chike101 Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:5: Give meson upgrade for the pods, maybe as an upgrade of a sensor? Currently people don't actually use the pod for mining that much as it can be a pain in the ass ejecting yourself then re-entering the pod.
ACTUALLY...
You know that one sensor system at mining, lying on the table next to the pod bay? I believe I stuck it into the pod once and it was a Meson Scanner for pods. At least, I think it was that one.
Yes, it also works as the mining analyzer when you scan with it, showing you asteroid gems and anomalies.
Give the Wizard a pod, people have taken to hiding away in pods during wizard rounds and it makes it hard for our delightful spellcasters with no sense of right or wrong to gib them.
Atomikkrab Wrote:Give the Wizard a pod, people have taken to hiding away in pods during wizard rounds and it makes it hard for our delightful spellcasters with no sense of right or wrong to gib them.
I support this only if the pod is also wearing a wizard hat.

More seriously, isn't phase shift generally enough to get you a pod of your very own if you want one? There are actually kind of a lot in the various pod bays around the station. It maybe wouldn't be a bad idea to have a spell or three that interacted with pods in some way (have knock work on hatch locks? if you have no ass, you can't pilot as well (ship moves slower) because you can't sit in the pilot's seat? one of the pandemonium effects could essentially be space drugs for pod sensors?) but I'd see any changes like that as coming from the fun perspective rather than the balance perspective, if that makes sense.
Allow us to make our own miniputts!

Also let miniputts fly inside the station. I want to pretend I'm playing Descent.
Araltaln Wrote:
Atomikkrab Wrote:Give the Wizard a pod, people have taken to hiding away in pods during wizard rounds and it makes it hard for our delightful spellcasters with no sense of right or wrong to gib them.
I support this only if the pod is also wearing a wizard hat.

More seriously, isn't phase shift generally enough to get you a pod of your very own if you want one? There are actually kind of a lot in the various pod bays around the station. It maybe wouldn't be a bad idea to have a spell or three that interacted with pods in some way (have knock work on hatch locks? if you have no ass, you can't pilot as well (ship moves slower) because you can't sit in the pilot's seat? one of the pandemonium effects could essentially be space drugs for pod sensors?) but I'd see any changes like that as coming from the fun perspective rather than the balance perspective, if that makes sense.

I couldn't find an edit, but yes it needs a hat, and the guns should be dual fireball launchers probably with a secondary pandemonium system. Because who doesn't want a pod shooting out meteors? And of course if a non wizard attempts to board the spellpod... EI NATH!
Atomikkrab Wrote:wizard pod
how about, instead, we let spells like Magic Missile and Fireball target pods? Assuming average pod armor, Magic Missle would do 15 damage, Ice Burst would do 20, Fireball would do 50, and Shocking Grasp would do 75 (Better pod armor would obviously adjust these numbers accordingly)
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Atomikkrab Wrote:wizard pod
how about, instead, we let spells like Magic Missile and Fireball target pods? Assuming average pod armor, Magic Missle would do 15 damage, Ice Burst would do 20, Fireball would do 50, and Shocking Grasp would do 75 (Better pod armor would obviously adjust these numbers accordingly)

A Lack of space suits makes chasing down pods a bit difficult, and shocking grasp has a charge up time.
epicdwarf Wrote:We need a pod upgrade that allows more people to ride in pods! Also, some sort of taxi ticker would be a nice upgrade.

Yeah, turn it into a taxi module that you can use instead of installing a cargo mod. More secondary systems in general would be nice. Sirens, flood lights, one that adds a R2D2-like surface slot for robots/buttbots, etc. Pimp that pod.
Cameron Higgs Wrote:Allow us to make our own miniputts!

Also let miniputts fly inside the station. I want to pretend I'm playing Descent.

As fun as that would be, having pods in the station would be a terrible idea. It WOULD be cool if there was a derelict out there that allowed pods to juke through like the death star trench, but only out in space. Otherwise we'd have jerks shooting up everyone from inside the station, instead of just taking potshots from the windows.

Quote:Taxi pod

I wouldn't expect it to get a hell of a lot of use but it'd still be cool to see. I know I-Pods have more seats, but the thing is that miners tend to be a solitary sort of lot, so they don't really need the extra space as much, I think. A secondary system like a cargo bay but for people sounds like an interesting idea.

Quote:Wizard pod

Maybe a wizputt. Pod seems like overkill. Of course, then you get the rounds with more than one wizard and you have the bearded bastards fighting over it. Still, it sounds like a cute idea. Watch it get stolen the moment it hits the station, though.

Quote:Robot slot
That'd be cool, if you could find a way to overlay the thing on top, but it'd probably only accept borgs, or at best, guardbuddies. Anything else (even the guardbuddies) might be too awkward to work in, since those are basically mobs like zombies and bees and crap.
Crumplehat Wrote:
Quote:Robot slot
That'd be cool, if you could find a way to overlay the thing on top, but it'd probably only accept borgs, or at best, guardbuddies.
Buttbot, or the deal is off. crossarms