Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Medical PDA cartridge record finder
Small idea I had: give the Med-U and Med Master carts a scanner mode where upon scanning a body, the medical records program tries to find and bring up the relevant medical record, based on some sort of metric like DNA.

This would make quickly examining records way, way more convenient, making things like checking for puritan or medical allergies more practical, or giving some more (any) use to medical flavor text on rp.
Amazing idea, I would use it constantly. I get Puritan cloned too much by unsuspecting doctors
Holy shit please.

Looking up records, PDA or Computer, is such a tedious affair and doesn't have any reason to be so inconvenient.
yeah, if they made it easier to look up medical records I would probably use it all the time
Simple and effective, but it makes the records pretty much obsolete except for the flavor text people write from time to time. Or i guess you can pre-emptively check them and write down some relevant information but why would you not scan someone on the floor in medbay?
Overall, i like the idea.
(07-10-2021, 11:17 AM)Bartimeus Wrote: Simple and effective, but it makes the records pretty much obsolete except for the flavor text people write from time to time. Or i guess you can pre-emptively check them and write down some relevant information but why would you not scan someone on the floor in medbay?
Overall, i like the idea.

as far as i know, the rp flavor text shows up in the PDA records as well. That's one of the main reasons I had this idea in the first place.

Also, you'd still need to do things the old fashioned way if you're not a doctor, since you'd lack the relevant PDA cartridge.