Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
can we stop buffing the c-saber already
(07-09-2021, 07:13 PM)Deathslayer448 Wrote: I think we need to nerf you
I don’t wanna be the one to point this out.. but thats a different Camryn..
(07-10-2021, 01:56 AM)Mouse Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 11:22 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: this thread is less than useless because it doesn't explain which buffs occurred, when, and what effects on gameplay there were.

provide something actionable, dude. preferably with examples and ideas of what to do going forward.

Even if peeps agree with you, you haven't provided enough information for anyone to even identify what your problem is

The recent disarm changes makes blocking give complete immunity to disarms.  Given that disarms are the only real counter to a c-saber and given the bonuses that blocking with a c-saber gives (total immunity to all projectiles), this is a massive buff to the c-saber's effectiveness.

disarms now disarm both hands at the same time so you can no longer be immune to disarms instantly by pressing E to switch hands.

Instead of doing it for free, instantly, it now costs stamina and happens on the combat click delay.

you're still just as vulnerable to disarm knockdowns as before.

That makes it a net nerf.
(07-10-2021, 04:49 PM)Froggit_Dogget Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 07:13 PM)Deathslayer448 Wrote: I think we need to nerf you
I don’t wanna be the one to point this out.. but thats a different Camryn..

ah
(07-09-2021, 06:18 AM)mbc Wrote: i haven't played since the change but my understanding is that you'll still be able to roll shovedowns often on csaber users.
It takes a huge amount of stamina to swing, and blocking disarms drains more stamina than normal, and having low stamina increases the chance that a shove goes off successfully.

You can still roll for shovedown, yes. Most successful csaber disarms are from shovedowns, since the csaber has such a high stamina cost per swing. In terms of gameplay, not much has changed. Technically it's been nerfed since disarm now targets both hands.
Oh hey wait, how does this affect item arms?

I remember disarms against item limbs used to hit the wielder

Is that still a thing?
It's still a thing and now you can't change hands to cover your item arm.