Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Eliminate Manta's movement
-snip off topic-
(07-10-2021, 02:25 PM)GORE Wrote: I just say 'no' to this thread.

How about we actually continue the last thread on this topic instead of trying at a second attempt of achieving the same beneath a new coat of cut-off skin?

For the record I frequently vote for Manta and this is in no way an attempt at getting it removed, but an attempt at making sure the issues with the map get fixed so that it doesn't come to that.

I also don't appreciate people making negative assumptions about me, I'm not someone who is going to dance around an issue or lie about what I want. If I wanted Manta removed then I'd have no problem just outright saying it.
Instead of removing Manta's movement entirely it should be changed so the AI and/or heads can choose different speeds, that way the ship doesn't necessarily need to be stopped if someone goes overboard but just throttled down to make it easier for the person to get back on board.

Also unrelated to this threads topic but how about replacing the singularity with a nuclear reactor that can be fueled with all the different kinds of radioactive minerals mining digs up. That could make for a nice change of pace for Engineering and maby even have it so that someone has to check on the reactor from time to time to prevent it from melting down or someone who's up to no good messing with it.
(07-13-2021, 02:03 AM)HonkyDonky Wrote: Also unrelated to this threads topic but how about replacing the singularity with a nuclear reactor that can be fueled with all the different kinds of radioactive minerals mining digs up. That could make for a nice change of pace for Engineering and maby even have it so that someone has to check on the reactor from time to time to prevent it from melting down or someone who's up to no good messing with it.

IIRC that was the original plan, Manta was going to have a nuke reactor, but the map got pushed out before the nuke reactor was completely coded in, and was substituted by the singularity in the interim.  And then development of Manta stopped because Reasons.
(07-13-2021, 03:42 AM)Ion Mage Wrote: IIRC that was the original plan, Manta was going to have a nuke reactor, but the map got pushed out before the nuke reactor was completely coded in, and was substituted by the singularity in the interim.  And then development of Manta stopped because Reasons.

I see, what a shame but it would be cool if one day the singu got replaced by a reactor.