Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Eliminate Manta's movement
You say that like it's a joke, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people unironically want Manta removed.

Speaking of stopping the ship manually, is it rule breaking on the RP servers to break into the bridge and stop the ship if nobody with intended access will do it? That seems kind of important. I'd also like to point out that some players will even get in your way to keep the ship moving on top of flat out refusing to help you. I won't call it an every Manta round thing, but it does happen. Makes it a huge pain in the ass to fish out bodies stuck on the windshield.
We had a thread not even a month ago calling to get rid of it. This thread feels like it's just an attempted compromise to eventually remove it, despite it being picked more often than any map that isn't Cog or Oshan.

As for RP...I don't think the people on the RP server care that much about people being where they don't belong to do things. It's extremely common to remind everyone, Captains, HoPs, Officers, Staff Assistants that don't actually have access in the first place, that if you're going to medbay and you're not dying you should be letting the doctors do their jobs and, ya know, let them administer the medicine instead of just grabbing the nearest box of patches, slapping like 5 on yourself, and running off.

RP wise, no one's gonna care if someone breaks into the bridge to shut the engine off.
And we're gonna have more threads until something changes because the current Manta moving mechanic isn't fun. If it was, we wouldn't see complaints popping up as often as they do. MBC made a fantastic suggestion earlier to reduce how punishing it is to go into the water when Manta is moving. This seems like it would mitigate most (or all) of the issues for everyone; walking outside isn't a death sentence and people that like watching the water move outside of the window can still do that. Even if the movement is unnecessary, it's not punishing enough to be a problem anymore.

If people give a shit about break-ins to the Bridge on Main, I'm not convinced they wouldn't on RP. Staying in your lane and not hacking everywhere as John McStaffy is a little more enforced.
I just say 'no' to this thread.

How about we actually continue the last thread on this topic instead of trying at a second attempt of achieving the same beneath a new coat of cut-off skin?
I can tell you right now, people on RP do not like staying in their lanes. At least once a month (I generally play weekly) I have to tell someone to let the proper people do their job (it's one thing for someone to vend medicine from a vending machine. It's another to rush into medbay when the doors are open, steal the medicine you need, and fuck off, which is absurdly common.).

I'm all for it not being a death sentence, but you should generally not be going off the ship unless you're prepared to.
Why is this turning into an RP complaint thread
because someone asked me if it would be an issue RP wise and when i said my opinion i was told i was wrong
(07-10-2021, 11:17 AM)Brixx79 Wrote: What if we opened the floor to producing areas that manta could move to?

I would also like more reasons to start and stop the ship.

Having clusters of minerals to mine, treasure to dig up, and other salvage to recover would be nice.

Maybe have the ship start off not moving, or give it some kind of fuel resource that runs out and forces a stop.
(07-11-2021, 01:30 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 11:17 AM)Brixx79 Wrote: What if we opened the floor to producing areas that manta could move to?

I would also like more reasons to start and stop the ship.

Having clusters of minerals to mine, treasure to dig up, and other salvage to recover would be nice.

Maybe have the ship start off not moving, or give it some kind of fuel resource that runs out and forces a stop.

Maybe that fuel resource is power and command could have the option to speed it up causing it to get to where its going faster at the cost of more power, and also causing people outside to get swept away into the trench faster
Give the new manta zones something that interacts between each area within a time limit. Make speed and fuel management part of getting Mission X done. Even better if there's different "Mission routes" you could follow by going to different areas in a new order.
You guys are just summarizing what Manta was supposed to be at this point
Yeah, its too bad no one really picked up the torch when the original developer was ousted, Manta had potential.
Breaking into the bridge to stop the ship won't do anything, you need access to unlock the lever to stop it in the first place, which is super silly if you ask me.
If so many people presumably hate Manta - then why would the majority pick Manta during certain mapvotes?

Mind that not all people are on the forums.
More people play on the server and vote for the stuff they enjoy.
I'm not saying "remove Manta" buuut.. every time it's rolled, I skip that round.