Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printers and Assorted Computer Glitches
As AI, i tried to print out a paper to all the different printers on the station and several of them did not respond. it said i was connected to the printer, but when i sent the !print command it did not function

Related Subjects: Medtrak computers can print out reports from the terminal itself, but Secmates say they require a separate printer with no interface for connecting them to one

example: I tried to print out a criminal record of a player from the Secmate in security, and it said "no printer detected", despite being connected to one directly nearby
update: i'm having trouble replicating the problem so i'll post more info to see if it helps

1) One of the specific problem printers was the Medbay printer
2) I was using the Botany personal computer
3) There had been a power sink and stationwide power loss occured and was then restored
4) The printer had been disconnected from the network for some time, and was then reconnect
5) It was after all this had occured that i attempted, and failed, to print from the medbay printer.
Update Part 2:

1) Depowering and repowering a printer seems to create a second listing of the printer on the printer list, sometimes. This does not seem to affect printing.

2) Depowering and repowering a printer sometimes makes it unable to print (!!!)

3) Restarting a computer makes it unable to connect to the print server if it was already connected to it when it was restarted
UrsulaMejor Wrote:2) Depowering and repowering a printer sometimes makes it unable to print (!!!)

3) Restarting a computer makes it unable to connect to the print server if it was already connected to it when it was restarted
2a) Did this several times with the lounge printer but was unable to replicate, tried it again with the medbay printer and it replicated the bug on the first iteration of the test

3a) Restarting the computer before it was connected to the printserver has no effect on its ability to connect to the printserver later.

this concludes the meaningfull tests i was able to do in game. Sorry for all the posts!
!print [title] also does nothing useful, since everything that comes out of a printer is labelled "Paper - Printout". (Or at least were a week or so ago, not sure about now)

It'd be useful to have an option to print to all servers, too v
UrsulaMejor Wrote:1) Depowering and repowering a printer seems to create a second listing of the printer on the printer list, sometimes. This does not seem to affect printing.

2) Depowering and repowering a printer sometimes makes it unable to print (!!!)
I think these are fixed now (?).

Zamujasa Wrote:!print [title] also does nothing useful, since everything that comes out of a printer is labelled "Paper - Printout". (Or at least were a week or so ago, not sure about now)
You can now title network printouts.