Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
[PR] Methanol
Toxic chem

Recipe:
Distill any item with "wood" material. Unlike food/herb items put in still, it takes 5 seconds to stuff a still with a wooden item, meaning that producing it is quite slow. Each distillation produces 5 units of methanol.
OR
Some garbage sodas/beverages maybe? And poison bottles too?
OR
mralexs suggested traitor moonshine could have it and I love the idea

Decay rate 0.1

Effect:
Each cycle, if there is a functional liver and the mob has no ethanol in their system, a counter starts similar to aconitum. On 20th tick cycle (not necessary on 20th tick if there is regular ethanol involved) this chem starts slowly decaying into formaldehyde, blurred vision or periodical blindess, ramping with the ticking counter. On 40th counter tick the patient will be permanently blinded. Antihol will flush out this chem like ethanol.

Why:
More fun stuff for antag bartender and use for still

EDIT:

I made a PR regarding this. Please tell me what you think! Despite being as toxic as sarin in raw damage, it does not stun and you can not massproduce it easily (unlike sarin).
link to the PR: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation/pull/5464
neat, sounds like fun
I like. Also, add isopropyl, I was disappointed to learn that our bottles of "rubbing alcohol" are just regular old ethanol...
The recipe seems a little too easy to make considering the effects
maybe add a required catalyst along with bumping the needed temp up to around 700-800k
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! I have currently made an almost fully functional code for this chemical with few changes to the OP:

- Decay rate is around 0.02-0.03 to be lower than Ethanol
- The chemical can (so far) be only produced with distillation of items which have "wood" material (eg. wooden chairs, wood gathered from botany trees etc) and stuffing a wooden item in the still has a short delay (around 2-5 seconds) before it is accepted, and each item distills to 5u of methanol
- Similar to cyanide, creating this chem adds methanol to every mob in the radius who is not wearing a gas mask

It is going to be a very sneaky traitor bartender chemical. You could mix beer with methanol, and it might take many many minutes until methanol kicks in (and when it does, it is going to be very deadly).
sounds very fun, slow acting but silent killer
You could probably have the traitor moonshine contain this for non-antags as a reference to not drinking the first of the still