Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Needs Overhaul [Food/Water/Hygiene]
Hello!

I know Food, Water, and Hygiene currently works like this: 
(This is from memory, it's probably close but not perfect)

High Food: +20 Max HP Buff
High Water: +2 Stamina Regen Buff
High Hygiene: Nothing! Wow!

Low Food: -20 or 40 Max HP
Low Water: Stamina regen is cut by half.
Low Hygiene: Cosmetic smelly text messages.

Previously, Having low anything would eventually cause you to be "too tired/uncaring" to do an action, requiring multiple applications before an action would go through. This was changed since, honestly, I remember it feeling similar to bad lag.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I propose is the following change to make player needs more meaningful.

High Food: No change OR small knockdown resist (10%) with small Max HP Buff (+10)  
[This gives benefit to those who aren't in combat as well by reducing fall time while on the job]

High Water: No Change 
[I think this is pretty decent as is; I may come up with an idea later but give me any of your ideas for now until I do]

High Hygiene: Small Tox resistance; Tox damage per lifecycle now does 0.5-1 less Tox damage. 
[I'd also suggest pathology bio resistance but that's unused]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Low Food: Sluggish, you run at walking speed. Maybe health debuff, unsure.
[If health de-buff, then only half at what it currently is]

Low Water: It makes it difficult for them to do certain tasks, such as using computers and operating doors. 
[Works similar to how brain damage is treated.  It will NOT, however, have the other effects of brain damage like forgetting how to breathe and yelling over the radio by accident.]

Low Hygiene: You have a % chance per cycle to contract the common cold flu from 20%-0% Hygiene. Additionally, you rarely get 1 brute damage from rashes.
[The common cold is already found in game currently and can be treated by chicken noodle soup]

Those are my suggested changes! I'd love to hear your ideas as well!
Its important to note high food/high water doesnt give you any benefits atm. Youre likely seeing the status effects from whatever you ate. As per the low motive ideas, Id be against these so so much, one of the initial reason why old motives sucked was that it stopped antag rp and forced you to pay attention to your motives. Being on the run from sec and suddenly having to eat or else you literally cant do anything is not a good time. Nor don't think making them more drastic would do much as to promote rp, itd just make it low motives more of a pain in the ass. So uhh yeah I think having more drastic low motives would harm rp far far more then itd help to facilitate it.
[Image: unknown.png]

I've come to accept that the RP motive system isn't perfect, and that it's just better to just not let it affect you.

These changes look like they'd be a pain in the ass to deal with and I can't say I'd approve of that.