Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
[CLOSED PR] Buff the agent card removing the single use element.
You'd be surprised how often AI is helping security with their work.

Forcing the AI to actually look for you instead of having a "There he is" button at command is a pretty big deal.

I've on more than one occasion considered asking the AI to worry about other things to encourage security to pay attention to more than red text, but I know that would go over worse than a fart in church.
Agent cards should remain 1 TC, this functionality should be a new item. If agent cards weren't 1TC I would go from buying them every traitor round to never buying them. What it does isn't work more than 3 TC unless you have a plan in mind.
I mainly buy agent cards to do a silly name change gimmick in combination with a big ticket item, so cards costing 1 TC is actually pretty important to the way I use them
Agreed. Make this a separate item; agent cards as they are now are already very useful (both for gimmicks and regular gameplay) and are in a good spot balance-wise.
Dont make it a separate item. Why the fuck should just being able to change the name more mean it should cost more? It's just a silly gimmick item. Keep it at 1tc and let people change it as much as they want because
"Why's this needed?
Underused item and frankly the limitation felt pointless and only hampered the use of the item."
It's not even remotely underused though!
Definitely not underused. IIRC when pali compiled a list of most frequently bought traitor items, agent card was the third most common item out of all the traitor items.
"what's the worst that could happen if we buff it?" -famous last words (probably)
I think maybe just do it, keep it one cost and add a cooldown on name changes.
Implementing this feels like it removes the gameplay element of stealing access (which the agent card is well suited for) and then modifying card names from customs as needed.
How about:

- Agent Card "Access Type" (1TC) :
  1. You can set your name / the card color only once
  2. You can add access from another ID card as many times as you want
- Agent Card "Disguise Type" (1TC) :
  1. You can set your name / the card color as many times as you want
  2. You can add access from another ID card only once
The old card remains the same price, the new one gets a 1TC price too, but has reduced access feature.
(07-14-2021, 03:31 AM)Haprenti Wrote: How about:

The old card remains the same price, the new one gets a 1TC price too, but has reduced access feature.

Done, close thread, someone make a PR
(07-14-2021, 04:07 AM)Jakson Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 03:31 AM)Haprenti Wrote: How about:

Done, close thread, someone make a PR
Sounds good enough.