Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Security hacking difficulty
Make security somewhat harder to hack into, I mean at this point it is so common that people tryna hack in don't even hide it anymore due to the fact that most sec officers I have seen are shit at guarding it, cause of that within 15 minutes we got the random person from (insert department with access to way to many tools) running around with a kinetic gun taking down the 1-2 sec officers on duty, I am not saying make it impossible but at least it should be more of a challenge in some way(I have not been around as long as others may have been so I could just be seeing things through a narrow perspective)
Security officers not watching their department is their own fault.

If you want some protection leave a security assistant at the entrance and call for help if need be.
(07-08-2021, 08:55 AM)GORE Wrote: Security officers not watching their department is their own fault.

If you want some protection leave a security assistant at the entrance and call for help if need be.

Thing is hacking in is so quick that a single assistant can’t call for help by the time they already did what they wanted to. Also it isn’t realistic to have one person guarding things at all times due to server populations.
Two things. 1. You cant make anything “harder to break into”. Anyone who can hack into security with the ease youve described knows many ways to get into somewhere..

Also, theres like, hos(1) ntso(1) secass(3) secoffs(5). Granted, the only people who could stay in sec all round are the HOS (sometimes), or, the secass! As someone who breaks into sec more then theyd like to admit, even when theres just one person guarding a department it is 1000x harder to break in. Even just one secass guarding sec is all ya need. Even if they arent that good at pvp, they have two flashes and sunglasses to get people. If someone with flash protections breaking in, they can call a secoff over.
Basically what froggit said. If someone(me) really WANTS to get in somewhere, They(I) will get in there. No matter what.
I mean making it slower wouldn't be a bad idea. Make it so that screwdriver'ing certain doors just require maybe 5 to 10 seconds to unscrew the panel, just to solve the issue of it being so quick. Just as trivial/easy, but it makes it much slower. Perhaps also include some security system on certain doors such that whenever a wire is cut or pulsed there's a chance for the door to make a loud buzzing sound? Similar to when you pulse IDscan, except it can happen with ANY wire.
(07-08-2021, 09:01 AM)unfunnyperson Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 08:55 AM)GORE Wrote: Security officers not watching their department is their own fault.

Thing is hacking in is so quick that a single assistant can’t call for help by the time they already did what they wanted to. Also it isn’t realistic to have one person guarding things at all times due to server populations.

Call the AI to bolt them down.
Add some alarm wires that when cut/pulsed both make loud noises and pda alert Sec
One problem I've seen is people packet hacking into sec just to be annoying. Maybe sec doors should be more resistant to packet hacking?
Hacking in general is way too easy. Getting electrocuted should be close to lethal, and insulated gloves are easy to get (which also makes forensics 90% useless, since everyone wears them)

I’m sure there’s other ways to balance it, but if it was more difficult, that would be cool
probably just make sec particularly difficult to hack so it is not way to easy, I mean it is security for crying out loud, it should be more secure than other parts of the ship
(07-08-2021, 10:51 AM)Jakson Wrote: Hacking in general is way too easy. Getting electrocuted should be close to lethal, and insulated gloves are easy to get (which also makes forensics 90% useless, since everyone wears them)

I’m sure there’s other ways to balance it, but if it was more difficult, that would be cool

Back when the teg actually worked. Hacking doors could gib you. It still can with a generator artifact but- arts are RNG.
Dumb idea: make wires unique for each door instead of being shared through all doors.
I like the following ideas:

aft2001: "Make it so that screwdriver'ing certain doors just require maybe 5 to 10 seconds to unscrew the panel"

Mouse: "Make wires unique for each door instead of being shared through all doors."

I really like the 1st one but the 2nd one would be very fun and very chaotic/controversial.
If you make it so wires are unique for each door you guys better nerf packet hacking as well