Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
"Immortality" Implant
A 12 bad-bux traitor item that, upon implanting, makes the implanted effectively immortal.. as long as the implant is in them. While in this state, they can have their head torn off, get their internal organs forcefully torn out, and be shot 50 times by a detective having a bad day, and still survive, only going to the red-state in health! But, there is (obviously) drawbacks to this. If you were to have the implant removed, or you got crushered/any other insta-kills methods, you would still die. Gibbers now work like they used to on you (aka you can be shoved in while alive), stuns still work on you, and getting something extremely major removed makes you permanently lose stamina until its put back in you. Also suiciding works, but thats obvious. They also get clown-like clumsiness.
This idea seems really bad for new players who dont know about this traitor item.
I remember the first time I met someone with the Soulshield or whatever thing you can get from an adventure zone. I was a changeling and kept trying to sting and eat them but they just kept coming back over and over.
Free biomass baybeeee
This just seems like a new player trap. Any experienced player would immediately cuff, drag to med, remove implant and be done with it while new players would struggle to deal with the implant. It would be more interesting if it instead gave a full heal 45 seconds after you die with permanent negative effects the more times you die.
cant wait to put a straight jacket on any guy i find with one and tie him up in the sec lobby for all of security to use as a stress ball to shoot, baton, and fart on
This sounds fun just to use to survive incredibly stupid shit and make it into a magic show and test of how much it can do.
This sounds like something that would go very well on RP.  +1 here.
(07-06-2021, 06:35 PM)Ion Mage Wrote: This sounds like something that would go very well on RP.  +1 here.

Stronggg disagree, with my experience of several soulshield antags on RP that where not fun to deal with. At least on classic if someone is immortal you can assume they have the implant and take em to medbay, but on RP youre helpless if your character doesnt reasonably have knowledge.
Maybe we could copy the sleepwalker patients from project nexus and have it be an acidproof mask instead of an implant; and have revival message say the mask lights up when it revives them so new players and RP characters can quickly figure out that they need to take the mask off to stop you from coming back. 

To make it so it isn't too easy to remove, it could stab itself into the wearer when it's first put on and then take multiple steps to completely take off like stapled butts, with every step dealing brute+bleed to the one wearing it but cancelling stuns so you can't just baton>remove>repeat.
(07-06-2021, 06:45 PM)Ikea Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 06:35 PM)Ion Mage Wrote: This sounds like something that would go very well on RP.  +1 here.

Stronggg disagree, with my experience of several soulshield antags on RP that where not fun to deal with. At least on classic if someone is immortal you can assume they have the implant and take em to medbay, but on RP youre helpless if your character doesnt reasonably have knowledge.

Fair points, I'll revise my statement:  It could go well if given to the right kind of player.

...There are a lot of the wrong types out there.  You make a good point.  Maybe if it was admin-gimmicked or something, rather than a standard-availability thing.
There was a brief period a while back when changelings had a limited form of "immortality": they couldn't die from brute or burn damage no matter how much of it they took, and had to be outright gibbed or had their brains cut out in order to kill them.

It sucked and was removed for pretty much the reasons mentioned earlier - new players didn't know how to counter it and quickly gave up on even attempting to fight changelings, while it was barely a speedbump to experienced players.
Bad idea.

Once you are done and in crit - unable to do anything that immortality won't help to prevent death anyway.

An anti-poison implant would be more useful. Being able to withstand harsh chems - being seemingly unaffected by those. That would help.