Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
12 TC Gimmick Crate ideas
Okay, got to joking around on discord about 12TC full gimmick crates and it was received pretty well.  Makes me think there is potential in the concept of 12TC crates that are intended to use unique mechanics for more comedic than murder-y traitoring.  Here's my initial concept, feel free to contribute any other complete gimmick crate ideas you can come up with.

Baseball Team Crate

Comes with gear for three...  a pitching costume, a batting costume and a catching costume.  Along with two special "baseball implanters" that only allow the implanted players to antagonize in the form of an impromptu baseball game and a bag of 50 baseballs.  Thinking the baseballs need to only deal limited damage with it scaling off consecutive successful hits via the batter.  Hit baseballs should be catchable.
Fake nuclear operative

1 nuclear operative armor
1 nuclear operative helmet
1 balloon nuke
1 brawnen pistol
3 brawnen ammo clips
1 spes-12
4 weak buckshot boxes
2 breaching charges
Spooky ghost.

voice changer
agent card
cloaking device
light breaker
One time use telekinesis gene injector
sound synthesiser

Also, why cant we stick sound synthesizers in clown shoes to change the noise.
Prestidigitation Kit

A set of 52 sharpened playing cards: Chance of bleeding and damage based on card number when thrown
7 injectors of 20u Transparium
7 injectors of 20u Warp
Box of smoke grenades
A top hat that can hold 1 item and starts with a "Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog" sponge capsule in it
1 random activated hand artifact
Voice Changer
DNA Scrambler
(07-05-2021, 11:25 AM)unfunnyperson Wrote: Fake nuclear operative

1 balloon nuke
1 brawnen pistol
3 brawnen ammo clips
1 spes-12
4 weak buckshot boxes
2 breaching charges

I want a clown ops version.
(07-05-2021, 02:35 PM)Drewmajor11 Wrote:

1 balloon nuke
1 brawnen pistol
3 brawnen ammo clips
1 spes-12
4 weak buckshot boxes
2 breaching charges

I want a clown ops version.

Honk operative 

1 clown colored syndicate space suit
1 fake nuclear bomb
1 vuvuzela gun
1 space lube grenade pouch
1 banana gun(reskinned revolver)
4 .357 speedloaders
1 mini bible
I feel like this might make it so the same gimmicks get repeated every round, imo, make it be like surplus crates, the gimmick is random, call it something like specialized equipment crates.
There's always the option of making your surplus crate have a random chance of becoming one of the pre-built kits
Pirate crate
You get pirate clothes, a glass of grog, a cutlass, some kind of firearm, and gold coins

1 balloon nuke
1 brawnen pistol
3 brawnen ammo clips
1 spes-12
4 weak buckshot boxes
2 breaching charges

TBH I've kinda wanted to see something like this as it is a funny one to mess with the crew.

(07-05-2021, 06:07 PM)Brixx79 Wrote: There's always the option of making your surplus crate have a random chance of becoming one of the pre-built kits

Possibly the most workable idea. You might get hot garbage in a crate as-is. Maybe a 5% chance of giving you a gimmick crate.
One thought I had a while ago that I’ve always had in the back of my mind was some sort of 12 TC crate to make someone a weaker version of a rev head, to allow people to actually declare independence from the station without friends self antagging. Maybe depending on what job you are, you could only recruit members of the same job field? So scientists can recruit fellow scientists to fortify sci, or maybe some kind of chair that, if forced into, would mindslave someone after a short time in the chair. The crate could also feature some cool attire. It’s just always been a thought of having some kind of mini-rev head in the back of my mind, and I’m not sure how it could be balanced.
If we're going with the "RNG determines what gimmick you get.", since this is WAY more bang for your syndie-buck than normal. As a note, this is more so a list of what I think would work with this gimmick/crate, rather than suggesting that it contain EVERYTHING I'm listing.

Robot Uprising Kit:

1x Robotics Fabricator Frame (comes with soldering iron and 10 bars each of steel/copper/glass)
4x Syndicate Cyborg Frames
1x Emag (maybe a special one that can only emag cyborgs and bots?)
1x Syndicate Module (new Law 0 module which aligns the silicons with the Synders)
1x Cyborgification Implant (new implant what borgs your corpse when you die after a couple minutes, assuming you don't gib)
1x Box of EMP grenades
1x Syringe Gun & beaker w/ 90u Nanomachines (as a note you'd want to dilute the nanomachines manually before adding them to the syringe gun since 15u is 5x what you need to infect someone normally, so this does require work to optimize which is good imo)