Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
chaplain traitor item: spectral radio
A special radio headset for 3 tc that allows the wearer to hear and talk to deadchat. Keep in touch with your rampage victims or use the ghosts to spy on your targets.
This is probably not going to work, considering that ghost chat is OOC and that each ghost can just spectate people and immediatly know if they are a traitor. Furthermore, keeping knowlegde that you acquired in ghost chat when you come back to life is against the rules, so this item seems pretty hard to realize.
way too meta
I love it.

Too cheap though.

An upgraded oujia board that allows ghosts to appear around it and speak way more clearly, albeit still kinda jumbled and mumbled up might be a good compromise.
Ghost chat is OOC, and it could be used for figuring out other antags with ease by interacting with deadchat, bad idea
Ghost chat is only OOC on RP.

Easy enough to clone-scan yourself, die and then gather intel before being revived.

Would be considered a rule-break on RP but not on main as far as I know.
After all ghosts even engage with the crew through the oujia board and I think there is a 1/3 chance of the chaplain spawning with the ability to see ghosts.
(07-05-2021, 01:35 PM)GORE Wrote: Ghost chat is only OOC on RP.

Easy enough to clone-scan yourself, die and then gather intel before being revived.

Would be considered a rule-break on RP but not on main as far as I know.
After all ghosts even engage with the crew through the oujia board and I think there is a 1/3 chance of the chaplain spawning with the ability to see ghosts.

I dont think that last one is a thing

extremely not true. do not use any information gained after death to help you in your next life if you get one
(07-05-2021, 01:58 PM)Cal Wrote:

extremely not true. do not use any information gained after death to help you in your next life if you get one

If you get cloned its fair game.

I also thought this was the case but it turns out they're right. Check out general rule 3 and RP rule 4.

from rule 3:
" Conversely, acting on any information obtained using solely in-game mechanics (yes, deadchat counts) is explicitly NOT metagaming with very few exceptions "

from rp rule 4:
"Deadchat is considered OOC, and so you should not be using the information you learned from there to inform your IC decisions. "

The fact rp rule 4 calls out deadchat as unusable ooc implies it isn't outside of rp, and that's reinforced by the clarification in rule 3. I personally wouldn't use the knowledge on main either because i think it would be less fun, but it certainly doesn't seem to be rule-breaking.

Quote:3. No metagaming. Look, we all know that gamers like talking to other gamers, and doing so while gaming - all we ask is that if you are playing SS13, you do not use any out-of-game means to communicate with another player on the same server. This effectively gives you more eyes and ears on a round than other players, and that's not fair. Conversely, acting on any information obtained using solely in-game mechanics (yes, deadchat counts) is explicitly NOT metagaming with very few exceptions - going to areas you shouldn't be is the meat of it, check the page for a fuller explanation.

Straight from the rules page on the wiki
(07-05-2021, 09:29 AM)Bartimeus Wrote: This is probably not going to work, considering that ghost chat is OOC and that each ghost can just spectate people and immediatly know if they are a traitor. Furthermore, keeping knowlegde that you acquired in ghost chat when you come back to life is against the rules, so this item seems pretty hard to realize.

On main I'm fairly sure deadchat is considered an way to gather info. 
Rule 3 has this bit "Conversely, acting on any information obtained using solely in-game mechanics (yes, deadchat counts) is explicitly NOT metagaming with very few exceptions"
Although this is too cheap TC cost and too easy to abuse, RP is normally not the focus so that point is a bit moot.

(I should've read the rest of the thread people already said this lol this is pointless.)
Well damn, I thought that was a rule. My mistake.
I will add abusing dying and coming back for meta things like locating people or finding antags is against the rules. And you will get owned by admins. So dont