Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CLOSED PR] Reduces max holy water damage against vamps from 110 to 40
I'd prefer it if holy water were reworked to act as a sort of protective ward against vampires instead of being magic pain juice.

Edit:

I want holy water to be a defensive tool rather than a weapon
Fluros damage caps at 50u, to deal 75 damage. With acid stacking a single pitcher can deal 115 damage. Acid stacking is already more deadly then holy water against vamps (I believe acid damage should be halfed, because its really silly and broken in its current state, but that isnt this pr).
[ish]
(07-04-2021, 02:44 PM)MetricDuck Wrote:
(07-04-2021, 02:26 PM)Ikea Wrote: Fluros damage caps at 50u, to deal 75 damage. 

I just checked and its weird if you do 10 at a time it takes 50u to do 75 (15 at a time), but if you do 30u all at once it does 75 immediately

Whack
Its very easy to just straight up murder vamps that dont have much blood in them. Cant even get away while you drag them to the chapel.
holy water would be good as a defensive reagent yes - akin to wraith salt
(07-04-2021, 12:59 PM)GORE Wrote: So - this means that the chaplain is even more useless to participate in such fights and only chemnerds are supposed to deal with vampires and the likes then?

Nah.

TOUCH/INGEST - If target is vampire: +1.25 BURN and -1.25 blood per unit applied, to a max of 110.

Drinking glass, 50u. Thrown it does 62.5 burn, this is almost acceptable.
Beaker, 100u. 125 damage instant, capped to 110.
Pitcher, 120u, thrown does 150, capped at 110. Instant crit

Worst case scenario, chem borg runs up on you, three 100u beakers, dump dump dump.

Thats 330 burn damage and 330 blood basically gone, you're now dead, because if you don't fall on the floor and die of a heart attack instantly, stunlock on the floor due to heart attack, then the person who splashed you is now following your slow dumb ass and beats you to death.

I'd be fine with having the chaplain be weaker, if newer players don't get fucking slaughtered instantly by a chem nerd with a beaker.

Edit: Plus, any chemnerd could just make something like 50u of holy water and 50u of fluoro and fucking kill the vampire anyways with nearly the same damage. Maybe we need to think of something else.
I think it would kinda fix chem borgs from just straight up murdering vamps right away if we made vampires considered Human to silicons. Zombies should probably stay nonhuman though. Vamps cant really change their identity as easy as changelings can but they can still just be murdered on sight by chem borgs.
(07-04-2021, 02:08 PM)Camryn Wrote: I'd prefer it if holy water were reworked to act as a sort of protective ward against vampires instead of being magic pain juice.

Edit:

I want holy water to be a defensive tool rather than a weapon

(07-04-2021, 07:01 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: holy water would be good as a defensive reagent yes - akin to wraith salt

Addendum: thrown holy water should only deal damage if you are also holding a whip
I've always felt that the issue with Holy Water wasn't the damage (though that is certainly a factor), but the fact that you can spam it with no possibility of collateral damage. People generally won't start just chucking glasses of fluoro acid or unleashing fluoro acid smoke at random people because they'll get in trouble if they don't hit the vampire, but with holy water the worst that can happen is that everyone else just gets slightly damp and mildly annoyed (while the vamp gets shredded). There's nothing stopping an unfun powergamer from just going around chucking holy water at everyone he sees as a vamp check at roundstart, and nothing a vampire can do to protect against that.
Maybe I dunno uhh make holy water not penetrate biosuits and masks?
Maybe make it do damage over time instead of an instant 110? In a lot of vampire media when a vamp gets holy water splashed on them they start sizzling and smoking, they don't take a ton of damage instantly
Holy water is only good because it instacrits, as others mentioned, there's enough acids a chemnerd will switch to instead.
Hell, even a beaker with 50u chlorine and 50u fluorine will penetrate the skin and deal a grand total of 375 damage (250 burn, 125 tox) over its duration. Takes a while, but people usually don't figure it out right away.

The problem is mainly beaker-dumpl suit-penetration in general, the holy water problem is just a roundabout problem to it.
Why not change Holy Water recipe to Water+(Bible hit) instead?
heh, I BLESS THEE WATER slap! slap! slap!