Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[CLOSED PR] Reduces max holy water damage against vamps from 110 to 40
Thumbs Down 
PULL REQUEST DETAILS

[INPUT WANTED] [BALANCE]
About the PR
Reduces holy water damage against vampires to 40 down from 110.

Why's this needed?
Holy water is wayyyy too hard of a counter to vamp than it needs to be.

Changelog

Code:
changelog
(u)UnfunnyPerson
(+)Holy water only deals a max of 40 damage against vamps

PULL REQUEST DETAILS
Sounds Hot. Already posted on the Idea thread(?) But too many vampires getting glassed, limp down the hall and die--you're done for.

40 damage is Very Fair Considering they likely have an entire bag full of whatever chemicals are gonna light you on fire and gib you.

I'm not sure in terms of balance how good of a number 40 is but anything's better than ~100.
So - this means that the chaplain is even more useless to participate in such fights and only chemnerds are supposed to deal with vampires and the likes then?

Nah.
(07-04-2021, 12:59 PM)GORE Wrote: So - this means that the chaplain is even more useless to participate in such fights and only chemnerds are supposed to deal with vampires and the likes then?

Nah.

I think this means the opposite since this nerfs holy water which the chaplain doesnt really have much of anyways, the only people to really have large quanities of holy water would be the bartender and chemistry i belive
(07-04-2021, 12:59 PM)GORE Wrote: So - this means that the chaplain is even more useless to participate in such fights and only chemnerds are supposed to deal with vampires and the likes then?

Nah.

The Chaplin has to make holy water just like everybody else as far as I’m aware. This makes it harder for everybody to fight vamps not just the Chaplin.

Nah.

Are you complaining about nerfs to chaplain validhunting? The antag that gets immunity from 2 antags, inf heals in form of bible, super galoshes in the form of magic sandals roundstart, and a decent weapon? I assure you chaplain will be still completely capable of valid hunting fine after this change. Nor does this change effect chaplains that much, generally its chemnerds who are the one tossing holy water pitchers.
as a vampire, seeing holy water spam is so annoying, Chaplain having less power is not great. maybe make it so that chaplains can make the normal kind and chemists can make the nerfed kind.
(07-04-2021, 01:19 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote: as a vampire, seeing holy water spam is so annoying, Chaplain having less power is not great. maybe make it so that chaplains can make the normal kind and chemists can make the nerfed kind.
Not a fan of this, would encourage picking chaplain to validhunt.
Chaplain is already one of if not the best role to valid hunt in, no other job just has immunity to wizards for example. Im fine with them being mildly weaker for valid hunting.
(07-04-2021, 01:23 PM)unfunnyperson Wrote:
(07-04-2021, 01:19 PM)Mrprogamer96 Wrote: as a vampire, seeing holy water spam is so annoying, Chaplain having less power is not great. maybe make it so that chaplains can make the normal kind and chemists can make the nerfed kind.
Not a fan of this, would encourage picking chaplain to validhunt.

I am saying this more of a half way, since I don't think there is any debate that chemists should be able to make it as strong as the chaplain.
I feel like locking a chem behind a job seems bad, half the rounds chaplain is just dead. Nor do I believe there really needs to be a halfway here, chaplain has immunity to most of vampires abilities. They can scoff off frost bats for example, which is one of vampires strongest abilities.
[isi]
Fluoro should not be stronger against vampires than holy water.
(07-04-2021, 01:50 PM)GORE Wrote: Fluoro should not be stronger against vampires than holy water.

Holy water is still better than Fluoro.
1. Only does damage to vampires so no friendly fire
2. Bypasses headgear so you don’t need 2 glasses to deal damage
(07-04-2021, 01:50 PM)GORE Wrote: Fluoro should not be stronger against vampires than holy water.

Holywater still eats up a vampires blood. Flouro just does damage.